Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/25/17 at 03:07:49 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Anyone else waiting for mono zen amps? (Read 1406 times)
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone else waiting for mono zen amps?
Reply #30 - 03/16/17 at 00:01:15

Yeah the title sort of reveals the type of amps.

I'm getting more and more impressed with this new system. Both amps and speakers have developed properly and amongst other factors detail and resolution is very impressive. Big difference when goes from digital to analog source. I'm hearing more in each and every recording, and lots of fun finding this in material I know very good. Instruments are very easily to follow, and I can choose what instrument I want to focus on. I'm very aware to cost per watt is pretty high with these amps, but to me it's very much worth it.
I think I had pretty nice setup earlier, but it is those small steps in the right direction that drives guys like us, and I'm getting quality back for the investment. It's kinda of fun to be the only owner of this version, but to any lurkers, go for it.

I have a question though, when close to clipping, would the OA3 start pulsating? I have noticed this when I turn volume to between 2 or 3 o'clock so to speak? Not sure what is the max setting. I'm using stepped attenuators. Can't her any noticeable clipping tendency at that point, but wanted to ask if any of guys would know.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Anyone else waiting for mono zen amps?
Reply #31 - 03/16/17 at 00:30:41

Not many bought the 2008 version either from what I could tell.  In regards to the OA3...I think that happened when playing the Omega Alinco Super 7XRS at 93dB too loud but I never have seen it with the Zu Audio "Souls" at 99 dB.  With the "Souls" there's plenty of headroom. Mark.

PS...thinking about it I may have seen a flickering Rectifier with clipping with the Taboo MK III...it could never provide adequate volume with the Omegas.  It's been so long, can't remember.  The answer is that tubes can flicker when clipping occurs.

« Last Edit: 03/16/17 at 00:40:36 by mark58 »  

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print