Send Topic Print
Inexpensive turntable (Read 2688 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Inexpensive turntable
08/22/16 at 17:26:55

The guy who sits in the cube with me is looking for a inexpensive turntable. Not cheap, but inexpensive! Around $200?
He just bought a cheap Gemtune APPJ PA1501A tube amp and is looking for a turntable to use with it.
I'm sure that he will also need a phono amp also.
The funny thing is that he is going to end up with my MG944's for speakers.
Way overkill!
Any ideas or leads?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Inexpensive turntable
Reply #1 - 08/22/16 at 21:29:01

Have him check out the u turn tables. I am not sure of the $$$. http://uturnaudio.com/turntables
Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Oppo BDP-93, Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Dynavector D17 mkIII Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/08/17 at 21:15:24

I don't see how these aren't as good as Rega and Music Hall tables.

SE84UFO; ZSTAGE; HR-1 SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; AH! NJOE TJOEB CDP; MARANTZ 2226B; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
55   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 04/08/17 at 23:06:11

At first, I looked at the U turn tables in amazement. No matter what, they would be interesting to hear. That would probably be the stopping though. The idea may be spot on, but the implementation is rife for complaints. One of them being tracking error.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/09/17 at 00:57:18

Quote:
The idea may be spot on, but the implementation is rife for complaints. One of them being tracking error.

Why would tracking error be a problem per-se?  I could see vibration mitigation issues but it's a cheap TT so that isn't surprising.

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/11/17 at 17:14:38

I believe Randy in Caintuck sold the U-Turn tables in his store. He could probably speak to them in great detail.

Torii Jr., ERRx, ZBIT, Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print