Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/20/18 at 07:17:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speaker set-up (Read 1161 times)

Speaker set-up
06/23/16 at 01:24:03
I've had my amp for about 2 months now and I'm loving it.  I've been wondering about a probably strange speaker set-up and want to see what you all think.

I've got 2 pairs of speakers in my garage where I do most of my hanging out (the amp's here too).  Both pairs (4 total) are in-wall.  Right now I'm running the smaller of the pairs and it really sounds great to me.  But...

How would it be to attach both pairs, 4 speakers total?  Each pair is 8ohms and I'm pretty sure the way to wire them is so I get a total 4ohm load.  Does that seem right?

I'd also like to make the speaker setup so I can "fade" between the 2 pairs.  I've got left to right balance control from my computer and think I need to make a control somewhere inline with the speaker cables.  Does that make sense?

As long as I'm not risking hurting anything I at least want to try this.  Should this be safe for my amp and speakers?  IF so, I would be eternally grateful if someone could post a diagram for me.  I'd offer my firstborn but that's not gonna happen at this point so that's out.   Grin Cool
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Speaker set-up
Reply #1 - 06/23/16 at 03:12:16
First things first.... hook both pairs of speakers up to your amp and report what happens.  Don't worry you can't hurt either.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print