Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/25/17 at 02:58:59 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mini Torii as pre amp? (Read 5840 times)
Lin
Seasoned Member

Re: Mini Torii as pre amp?
Reply #15 - 10/01/15 at 12:31:43

Grin Grin Grin

You need to fire your analyst, he's not doing you any good.

I posted in a kind way a couple of times before to help you and you found out that what I told you was correct, but yet you still attack me saying totally off the wall things about my personality like you are an expert about my mental state and "issues" from a few posts on a forum. I don't have an such problems with anybody else on any other forum, at shows, or friendly meets. Even though not everybody agrees on everything, nobody talks to others in the manner you do on this forum.

I only posted this time after I waited and saw that nobody was pointing out your obvious misunderstanding of how the ZBIT works.
Sorry if I was mistaken that you would like to have correct information to help you on your journy. Myself, I like to get input from others, in many areas of life, that may help me now or down the road.

My statement about you saying rotten things to my face (or people in general) had nothing to do with beating someone up as it were, but was about the lack of fellowship because of treating people like that.

Smiley

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #16 - 10/01/15 at 15:05:27

Suffice it to read your outrageous first message again this time around ... If you can justify such approach, that is evidence of your problem.

« Last Edit: 10/01/15 at 15:08:23 by Fireblade »  

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 02/01/17 at 20:19:23

Well uhmmm... back on topic... I will receive a pair of zen Mono amps by the end of the month. I was planning on using them without pre but realized today that these amps only carry one input. I use both a dac and zp3 as source. I of course start planning a pre-and, but need to know more if I want to use MT as pre.

Does tube compliment matter? Do I just connect mono blocks to preout, just like that? How do I set volume? From pre or? I know I have read a lot about this subject, but ELI5 please.

IP Logged
Lin
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 02/04/17 at 16:36:26

With my Grommes PHI-26 integrated amp you pull the output tubes to use it as a preamp only.

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 02/07/17 at 12:23:12

i will check with Steve, Guess a pre is on my wishinglist... Thinking about both the CSP3 and a Transcendence Masterpiece (will have buildt though, not being a solderslinger, but would enjoy Learning)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print