12/19/14 at 16:12:19

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Please Help! (Read 1121 times)
Jinks
Verified Member

Re: Please Help!
Reply #15 - 08/12/14 at 03:29:46

Ahhhhhhh bliss....I found a guy in the burbs outside Chicago with a pair of Amperex Bugle Boys El34's with D Getters! and the Zen has come Alllliiive...I also put a Blackburn Mullard ECC88 in the input stage and wow both sound wonderful...the imaging and realism is quite amazing...Alice Coltrane just comes alive....thanks Steve for all your help and a wonderful design....pure joy Smiley

Here are those pics again for anyone looking for inspiration to build..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/113814767@N08/

Mathew.

IP Logged
TubeNut
Verified Member

Bliss is..playing
Lp's through my Mini
Torii :D

Re: Please Help!
Reply #16 - 12/12/14 at 18:02:15

WOW,
Been away for awhile and just read your horror story! That must have been very frustrating. I'm very glad that you got her up and running(I'm assuming?) As for tubes, I wouldn't TOUCH a Chinese tube even if it was free. For any of my Decware amps, I would buy directly from Steve.
I have an early version of this kit back when Steve included all of the transformers and components to complete the kit. Since then I've updated to the new board with the CCE mod, and she still purrs very nicely.(using Russian tubes from Steve) I have a Mini Torii, and I use that the most now!! Just love it!! I haven't touched it as far as tube rolling, Steve voiced this amp VERY NICELY!!
Best to you,
John

'65 Fisher FM-100C Tuner-Linn Sondek LP12 TT w/Origin Live Silver Tonearm & Ortofon X5-MC Cartridge-Decware Mini Torii II-Anti-Cable IC's & Speaker cables-VH Audio Flavor #2 Power Cord-1975 Altec-Lansing Model 874A Segovia speakers-1974 Marantz Imperial 6G speaker
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print