Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/23/14 at 15:24:49

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Upgraded Traps with SVS sub on the way (Read 201 times)
kevtn8
Verified Member

Upgraded Traps with SVS sub on the way
05/27/14 at 07:20:56

I have already sold my DM945 and companion cabinets because I wasn't as satisfied with them as I thought. The musicality and accuracy just wasn't there. Anyways, I have ordered custom Traps ( upgraded crossovers, hookup wires, binding post) a few days ago and just bought a Velodyne Minivee subwoofer today. I will be using them with my SE84CKCS. Due to room constraints, I have downsized into a reference desktop system. Has anyone tried this combo before and if so, how was the overall musical picture? Thanks.

Update: I have returned the Velodyne package to sender and instead ordered a SVS SB-1000 sub. SVS seems to be a better value and this model has slightly better LFE than the Velodyne and is nearly as small. Online reviews are both very good. Can't wait to try it out.  

« Last Edit: 05/30/14 at 04:54:45 by kevtn8 »  
  IP Logged
dla405j
Verified Member

Re: Upgraded Traps with Velodyne sub on the way
Reply #1 - 05/27/14 at 20:06:48

I have the SE84CKCS and two zen amps in different rooms & have used them all with traps & dm944s.  The traps are wonderful speakers and a great match with the zens.  I'm amazed at the quality of sound and range that they put out but to me the dm944 have a little more finesse $ quality but your upgrades to the traps may make a difference...how did you do the upgrades...?  special order or get the parts and do it yourself?  I have another pair of traps coming and have space constraints as well & love the small size and portability of the zen/traps combo.  I Also find that room size seems to mean more with these speakers.  I also moved the traps to mini stands and also have used them on full-size stands and this improved the sound...I may be interested in tweaking/improving the traps so please expand on the mods you had done...what and how...thanks
Dave
dla405j

IP Logged
kevtn8
Verified Member

Re: Upgraded Traps with Velodyne sub on the way
Reply #2 - 05/27/14 at 20:24:34

I'm working closely with Bob on this. I have reassessed every single part on this speaker and have paid Bob additional money to do these mods for me. This is very important because I'm using these as my reference desktop speakers. That's why I invested in the SVS sub. I wanted a complete n balanced system from top to bottom. Something that can last me a very long time in a small to medium room.

« Last Edit: 05/30/14 at 04:57:51 by kevtn8 »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print