Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/22/14 at 09:16:12

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Power Regeneration & Decware Amps (Read 3288 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Power Regeneration & Decware Amps
Reply #15 - 03/19/14 at 17:05:52

Interesting.  

I have a ton of static in my room and have now upped my speaker wires - just for fun, but you never know.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #16 - 03/19/14 at 17:45:32

I used to use a Zerostat on my cables.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #17 - 03/19/14 at 18:25:38

I used to use Pert, but now I'm more of a Head and Shoulders kinda guy.

You care to elaborate on that, 4? Or are we just stating random facts?  :D

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 03/19/14 at 18:29:29

$100 on ebay for the zerostat.  It used to be part of the discwasher package.   I still have my discwasher.  That and my turntable are the sole remnants of my 70's stereo.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #19 - 03/19/14 at 19:06:33

Pert sucks man, the chicks know it too. Be advised.  ;D Actually, as stated, this is a hand held device for the nullification of charges by a stream of negative(on the pull stroke), and positive charges(on the release stroke). This levels things out electrostatically. I remember some actually using a clothes dryer product that was sprayed on surfaces to reduce charges. Who knows? Maybe it worked.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 03/20/14 at 16:53:54

OK, so this latest power cord continues to change and for the better I think.  

I contacted the Cable Co. sales guy and he said keep it going till it stops changing, then make up your mind.  He said he hears all the time that even on these used cords it takes up to 40 hours before they stabilize.

So for you cable believers out there, break-in or should I say re-break-in is real, man.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 03/23/14 at 13:48:56

Raven and I had a mini-CDAPS meeting yesterday with the specific purpose of seeing if we could hear differences in power cables on his rig.

We kept his Pangea 9SE running from the wall to the P10, then swapped out the cords from the P10 to the ZMA (which sounded really awesome, btw).

As we exchanged cables, we definitely heard changes, and often we both heard the same change.  Not all the changes were for the better, but they were there.

As another Decwarian recently explained to me, you use your best cable for running from the wall to the power regenerator and then use cables from the power regenerator to the amp for flavor.  Experiment with different cords to add different flavors.

I could not agree more.  I think its all about finding the right combination of PC for your system and tastes.

I have two more PCs on order and hope they provide the right flavors.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #22 - 03/23/14 at 14:02:27

Sounds like you had a little fun! Power cords fascinate me. I can still play around a little with my second system (which I never get to listen to any more really) and my Dad's.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/25/14 at 14:37:08

Well the latest entry into power cord consideration is the PS Audio AC12.  A used one popped up on eBay at such a low price I panicked after I bought it in fear that it was a fake.  

This cord sounded good when I first put it in and any fears of it being a fake were put to rest.  I let it run in overnight and listened again this morning.

This is an extremely well balanced and articulate cord.  Nothing seems over emphasized despite great clarity.  Also it seems to smooth out the recording.  I listened to several tracks tha either have vocal passages that make you wince or bloated bass that can seem distorted.  Those difficult passages we not only gone but quite enjoyable.

This left me feeling that I didn't necessarily need to keep looking.  Even for a better cord between the PPP and the amp.

I will have an AC5 to compare it to soon to see if the 12 is worth the premium.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #24 - 03/25/14 at 14:53:21

Cheesy Cheesy

« Last Edit: 03/25/14 at 14:53:41 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #25 - 03/25/14 at 15:11:09

You know T, I'd be very surprised if you felt the AC-5 was great running the PPP from the wall in comparison to the AC-12.

But the AC-5 might be really nice running your source and add a little somethin' somethin' in both clarity and balanced sound.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 03/25/14 at 15:50:15

Yes Lon, that's what I am hoping for.  The ac5 is a bit long to go from the PPP to the amp, but I intend to try it.  I'll also try the SR cord in that position.  The Cable Co guy said it would work there and said people even use it with source equipment.

I can return the SR cord for something else to try between the PPP and the amp as well.  But I feel less a sense of urgency given the performance of this AC12.

Whatever does not stay in my main system will go to the cottage system which is shaping up quite nicely.  A P300 would be a very nice addition if you ever want to part with it Wink

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #27 - 03/25/14 at 16:28:58

Don't think that will be leaving my hands. If it changes status in any way it will be me getting it fixed and putting it into my second system. . . .

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #28 - 03/25/14 at 17:26:23

Sounds like I might need to get an AC12 (or three) for myself. I'm just having trouble finding an affordable deal. Palomino lucked out on the one he got.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 03/25/14 at 18:46:02

I still can't figure out why he sold it so cheap.  Its in good shape too.

Maybe its hot Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print