Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/01/14 at 00:07:05

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44
Send Topic Print
PS Audio about to ... (Read 28833 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: PS Audio about to ...
Reply #45 - 03/12/14 at 20:42:24

Paul just uploaded this video a few minutes ago -

http://youtu.be/BCCh2j6trJk

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #46 - 03/12/14 at 21:49:14

I want one. I will figure out a way to get one too. I just watched the 36 min Ted presentation. Pretty cool, to pump PCM in to it and get results.

It will be fun/interesting to read the coming Reviews and know what is on my 44.1 16 bit Discs....have more to offer. 6K though....ooowy!

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #47 - 03/12/14 at 21:56:02

Just imagine if you invested $6k into your listening room.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #48 - 03/12/14 at 22:50:15

....don't need to invest 6k in the Listening Room. I hope you know you can Acoustically treat it for less than that! heehe

Best items I purchased in 2013...and I had quite a few things in here...are my Kimber Select 3035 Speaker Cable for my KS-1030 IC. Of course, the Zen Mystery Amplifier. CSP3 coming in soon... .

This fall I'll get the PS DSD...I have half the cost covered now.

Finally, something worth getting that beats my Audio Alchemy DTI-PRO32 & Pauls Digital Lens.  Cheers, to Ted & Paul.   -S

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 03/13/14 at 00:44:08

Wow big bucks! $6,000 reasons to buy more vinyl certainly a thought here.                              

Smiley

Cool

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #50 - 03/13/14 at 02:37:33

Doesn't the new Sony HAP-Z1ES HDD Player convert all playback to DSD on the fly as well?  I thought but not sure that the AURALiC Vega may as well (or upsample something to that effect).

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 03/13/14 at 03:43:56

The current PSA PerfectWave DAC sounds so wonderful and musical feeding Decware direct that I can't imagine what the DirectStream will sound like.  Lets just say I wait in great anticipation for the community reviews to start trickling in.  Most of my music is Redbook CD, and the thought of getting more information from this format is certainly appealing.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #52 - 03/13/14 at 03:49:11

That's how I feel as well, love my PWD Mk II, and I have thousands of cds I hope to have and listen to the rest of my life.

I look forward to the reports of upgraders and all my stuff better be all it can be, they're on notice, just in case something has to go. Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #53 - 03/13/14 at 04:09:26

That kind of cash does buy a lot of Vinyl Digger - agreed.

I just researched the Sony HAP Beowulf. Man Sony pisses me off. I have to with my extensive CD collection, one would need to rip CDs to my computer and then transfer the files via ethernet to the HAP-Z1ES.

Not the end of the world to do this. However, really Sony, no S/PDIF input? ....as used with the PS Direct Stream Digital.

Anyway, getting more from our PCM CD's is awesome and appealing as you stated Lon & Dave. I think I will wait until this time next year instead of this fall purchase. I want to see what more of the competiton will do. Furthermore, PS Audio and their Firmware updates (might not apply to this new DSDAC)....drive me crazy.  

All in all, very exciting. I would buy the Sony HAP right now....for 2K if it could accept S/PDIF.....Sony you bums.   -S

....I'm researching the  AURALiC Vega right now.... .

« Last Edit: 03/13/14 at 04:15:16 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #54 - 03/13/14 at 04:49:41

The AURALiC Vega has my attention!

This might be happening for me soon.  I will report back.  -S

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #55 - 03/13/14 at 06:46:26

Quote:
stone said,
I just researched the Sony HAP Beowulf. Man Sony pisses me off. I have to with my extensive CD collection, one would need to rip CDs to my computer and then transfer the files via ethernet to the HAP-Z1ES.

Not the end of the world to do this. However, really Sony, no S/PDIF input? ....as used with the PS Direct Stream Digital.

Hi Stone, yes I agree if you are not ripped this would be a big pain in the a$$ however I like the fact that Sony is on board with DSD and after some previewers already mentioning that SPDIF is nowhere in sight perhaps Sony may come out with another more thought out component for others.

Quote:
stone said,
The AURALiC Vega has my attention!

This might be happening for me soon.  I will report back.  -S

This one peaked my interest as well, I would love to hear more if you decide to check one out! Cool

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #56 - 03/13/14 at 16:03:47

SPDIF has a 96k bandwidth limit - I'm really unsure how PS Audio is using this. If it was only *internal*, they could be using it to electrically de-couple sections of the circuit, they could be using high end transceivers and real glass fiber. But *external*, standard SPDIF, is a plastic fiber and limited to 96k.

Many companies are ditching it going forward I've read.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #57 - 03/13/14 at 16:17:11

I think Ted addresses this LR in his 36 minute presentation.

Bottom Line currently: What's available in Hi-Rez is didly squat. What is important is using Balanced or Unbalanced inputs and outputs to get PCM processed to rival Hi-Rez....SACD et all... .

Why is this important?  For those of us that have extensive PCM Audio collections that is why! ....that is why Hi-Rez means squat to me. I am NOT Paying TWICE for my MUSIC Collection and I use a AUDIO ALCHEMY DTI-PRO32 to wring the most out of PCM. Only, when the CD is no longer manufactured/obsolete....then I will....obviously, with one these Processors download/purchase ~NEW ~ Music.
....AND WHY AURALIC, SONY & PS AUDIO ARE MAKING SURE PCM IS BEING COVERED and turned into something special through these processors.  Albeit, the Sony from hard drive files. Sony might add Balanced and/or Unbalanced inputs for PCM later on another Processor like Beowulf eluded to in his last post.

Auralic and PS Audio "get it"....PCM needs to still come from my Transport for convenience!

Anyway, John Atkinson & Chris Martins.....you know are waiting to get their hands on the PS Audio DSD to compare to the Auralic (Reviews they just did)!

http://www.stereophile.com/content/auralic-vega-da-processor
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/auralic-vega-digital-audio-processor-1/...

.....then of course, if the Auralic Vega is compared favorably to the 6K PS Audio...the Auralic will jump from 3499.95 TO 4695.00. I think I will get the Vega now! Plus, the Auralic has a preamp with a 100 step attenuator (digital domain yes...you just use it at its upper limits)...that added value will put it at 4695.00 soon. -S

« Last Edit: 03/13/14 at 17:35:52 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #58 - 03/13/14 at 19:44:06

Nope, I am passing on the Vega. I think the PS Audio DSD might be the one to get....down the road.

For now, I have my front end dialed in with the ZMA and I look forward to getting my CSP3.  -S

« Last Edit: 03/13/14 at 20:42:16 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #59 - 03/13/14 at 20:44:16

Nope, I just watched Ted's presentation for the 2nd time = I want one.
Be sure to Listen to Gus....he follows Ted Smith.

Worth your time......Scroll down to Ted.
http://www.psaudio.com/products/audio/media-players/perfectwave-directstream-dac...

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged