Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/24/14 at 05:24:48

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tube Rolling Final Step? Replace the OC2 for a OA2 (Read 1867 times)
P K
Seasoned Member

Re: Tube Rolling Final Step? Replace the OC2 for a OA2
Reply #15 - 01/30/14 at 22:17:41

Final Results:

A Mullard OC2 for a OA2 is a big improvement.

A NOS RCA OC3 for a stock OA3 is a very slight improvement.

Time to just listen to the music.

P K

Tube Set up:

FINAL RESULTS AFTER TRYING OUT A BRENT JESSE RCA 6V6G ST, COKE BOTTLE:

Valve Art 350B-coke  bottle,blows away the RCA 6V6G ST in my system (mini Torii driving a mid/tweeter at 1000 hz and above)

Amperex NOS  EZ80 from Brent Jesse (white lettering with a cartoon of a tube playing a trumpet - Bugle Boy)

Valvo/Mullard NOS Blackburn 12au7 (the Mullard's allow the Neg. feedback on the Mini Torii to be turned down by one notch, the other 12au7s I tried needed the max. neg. feedback setting.  Even with the Mullards12au7s I use the highest neg. feedback setting for Digital Playback (thus the Mullard 12au7s create a more flexible system).

This is a great combo, 3d deep sound stage, not too hot or bright, airy sound, great definition of instruments, sound stage that is wider than my speakers, balance natural sound.

My System:

Upgraded Linn LP12

Hadcock 242 Tonearm with a Grado Statement Reference1 Wood Body Phono Cartridge.

Vacuum State JLTI Phono preamp (one of the best phono preamps available for under $5k)

Aesthetix Saturn line preamplifier with upgraded Mullard 12ax7 and Amperex Mini Watt SQ 6922 tubes (a great preamp)

Feeding a highly modified custom Behringer DCX2496 two channel digital crossover.

Feeding the Mini Torii for above 1000 hz to a Emerald Physics CS2 mid/tweeter (Selenium D220Ti 1" Titanium Horn Driver 8 Ohm).

Below 1000 hz, a Sunfire amp is being used into dual 15 inch open baffle woofers

« Last Edit: 01/30/14 at 22:24:34 by P K »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print