09/20/14 at 01:03:12

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
the perfect match (Read 4465 times)
jorgen

Re: the perfect match
Reply #45 - 06/08/14 at 00:28:07

Hi guys

I 're-read this thread tonight with a little smile. Thanks againn for answers and tips, sure I haven't done everything as suggested, but I sure have learnd a lot the last six months. I know by now, well actually knew before I asked as well, that there isn't a perfect match in this world of audio.
But as I am sitting in a perfectly nice chair in the sweetspot listening to a Anne Bisson recording late at night, no lights and a Glenlivet, well at least it is pretty perfect. The decware and omega combo is really really good, and I bought speaker cables from daves cables that fits very well.
Finally, this equipment have made me open my eyes to a lot new music;, Miles, Dust, Louis A, BB King..

So while I wait for an opportunity to get a full size Tori, the MT is my perfect choice

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 06/08/14 at 13:24:10

Yep.  you've got the Audio bug!  I can see myself in that chair...minus the Glenlevit...my drinking days are over. I drank enough for a 100 yo man by age 35.  I had been down to about half a dozen beers a year then I began taking a medication that "Might" cause headaches if combined with alcohol so I just quit completely.

Anyway, keep an eye out, there have been a lot of used Torii's on the market since Steve updated the line and added the Mystery Amp.  I've been tempted more than once to buy one but I've now got a Torii MK IV, a Taboo MK III and a newly acquired set of SE84ZSM Monoblocks.  Buying more would be a little insane, don't you think!  Look on ebay and audiogon.  There are some there now.  Asking too much in my opinion but all in life is negotiable.  Mark.

« Last Edit: 06/09/14 at 01:30:50 by mark58 »  
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 06/08/14 at 22:12:46

I think it's time for a little tube rolling in the MT now Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print