Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/14 at 06:33:35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Building your system where are you with yours? (Read 5793 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Building your system where are you with yours?
Reply #30 - 12/11/13 at 19:38:59

There are two nice looking used PS Audio Duets on ebay today for 80 dollars each including shipping. Try one of those as a start! Quite recommended.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #31 - 12/11/13 at 19:43:48

You have a link for them, Lon? I'm not seeing them up there at that price.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 12/11/13 at 19:55:08

Lon, would you post the links.  I can't find them at ebay.  I promise i won't buy them.  I already have a Running Springs Audio Haley that I'm very pleased with and just bought a used Jaco for the same amount I paid for the new Haley...it should arrive next week.  It's an upgrade from the Haley and comes with a Power cord that retails for 600 smackers.  Anyone just considering  a power conditioner and not power re-generators, should read the reviews of the newest versions of Running Springs Audio's power conditioners. Mike B. from Seattle turned me on to them.  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #33 - 12/11/13 at 20:31:35

Somebody got 'em i guess, they're not there now. . . .

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 12/11/13 at 21:48:55

Lon,
    Do you think Pot Plants would be as effective as (Lonely Ravens) diffusers?

Grin

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #35 - 12/11/13 at 22:02:31

I think that might depend on the plant itself.

:)

I think I'll consult with my experts.

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 12/12/13 at 01:05:36

Marky,

You must mean camouflage my room treatments or are you meaning use camouflage for room treatments! He He!
Not a bad idea problem is she has the walls already crammed. How about large artificial plants might be a safer bet. My living room has a cathedral ceiling maybe I should hang something from the ceiling. The room really does not have a lot of open flat walls reflecting sound other than the ceiling. (Lonely Ravens) idea of ceiling treatments maybe all I could hope to do in the room but it would probably help Hmmm.

Lon

Thanks for your suggestions on the power cords I will need to look in to picking some up I'll need at least three for sure. Would I do best starting with the CSP3?

Thanks guys for all of your contributions to my questions. Having fun! Helps get through another winter.

Cool

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #37 - 12/12/13 at 01:20:27

Well, I generally start with power amps, so maybe the Jolida. But you could try it on a different component every few days and see what you like best!

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 12/12/13 at 01:47:14

Lon,

Good advice. I was wondering where I would see the most immediate improvement. Seems like the CSP3 is the biggest influence in the system that is why I thought to start there. Your right if I do one at a time just move it around that maybe the best way to a/b the overall improvement one piece at a time. I was eyeballing the Decware power cords originally so maybe I will venture that way as I can swing it. Thanks for your input.

Cool

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #39 - 12/12/13 at 03:13:42

You're welcome. Power cords are fun. They all seem to make a difference. Some of the differences are even good. Wink

IP Logged
darrwood
Verified Member

Reply #40 - 12/12/13 at 04:20:01

my journey with sound started as a teenager doing vocal work in studios with my family's music group. The studio sound was to die for. When I got enough money together a marantz intagrated and a Yamaha turntable back in the 70's In the late 80's I picked up a Dynaco sca 35 tried various speaker combos none sounded great until a friend sold me some fostex in a folded tube much better but not quite right until I got another pair with the 6.5s in 6ft folded horns there was detail sound stage and presence The Dynaco has been worked on a few times a nip and tuck but thr phono pre I felt needed improvement I want  to go to an all single ended system to match the speakers I have ordered Decwares phono pre cant wait to hear the difference it makes and to figure out my next step. Ideas anyone?

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 12/12/13 at 10:05:37

Darrwood,
      Welcome to the forums. Oh boy your in for a ride here. I'm sure you will find all the Decware equipment to be excellent no matter which direction you may want to head. You asked for ideas where are you wanting to head next? There are some really knowledgeable Decware owners here that have there system very fine tuned. I myself am only partway to where I'm planning on heading with my system with plenty of excitement to come. Did you order the CSP3+? If you did it is excellent better look out after you hear it you'll want to order a Decware amp. You'll think to yourself really how much better can it get? Oh yes much better.

Have fun and enjoy your new Decware when it arrives!

Cool

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 12/12/13 at 17:14:47

Hey Digger. I would suggest that over time you may want to try different power cables of known quality. I find that cable rolling every so often is a nice adjustment tool.

I put together a VHAudio flavor 2 Power Cable some years ago with gold furutech ends, and though it is designed for high current, this has been the best sounding cable in my Zstage and CSP3...More flow, nice slight warmth, excellent dynamics...pretty huge difference over a VHAudio "source" designed cable with bronze wattgate ends. Both are cryo'd and designed by the same guy. I am temped to make a flavor 4 which is just like a flavor 2 but uses a four 12 gauge wire in star quad configuration, ending up wiring a double 12 gauge to the neutral and to the hot as opposed to the 12 gauge twisted pair (single wire to hot and neutral) for flavor 2.

For my Uber power conditioner, my fav is a Cryoparts DIY 12 gauge cable with Furutech copper ends...Great for easy flow delivery and the copper plugs are more what I think of neutral (balanced-not dark, not bright), where gold plated are warmer but with good detail.

For my amp and DAC lately I like two variations of PI audio cables best. These are nice and quiet, and quite good at micro detail and micro dynamics. Here I use the 10 AWG (gold furutech ends) for my DAC and the 12 AWG (copper Furutech ends) for my amp. The opposite of logical placement.

So my current preferences put the bigger cable on sources. Go figure, I don't know, but I hear it.

I guess any good cable throughout the system would be great, but sort of by chance I have come to like the little tuning help from variation.

« Last Edit: 12/12/13 at 17:22:00 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 12/12/13 at 22:38:58

Will,
      Thanks for your suggestions one nice thing when you think your done for a while and you ask a few questions it is like hitting refresh on your shopping list. Are any of you guys done? Ha Ha! My wife says I'll be done when I no longer wake up!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Cool

« Last Edit: 12/12/13 at 22:39:45 by Digger »  
  IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 12/12/13 at 23:17:22

Your room sounds like it may not need treatment Digger. Big pot plants in the corners, well, `spose I`m going back to the first flushes of object placements, seeing what works.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, CSP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DSC i/c`s, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s. Roksan Radius/Nima/high def cabl & M.Benz LP s , M/L aeon i`s, Townshend Isolda sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains sub
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print