Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/14 at 22:25:48

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tori MK.III-appreciation thread-where's the love? (Read 1079 times)
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Tori MK.III-appreciation thread-where's the love?
11/26/13 at 23:58:34

Hey Steve...

are there links to the old Torii MK.III web pages anywhere? i.e. an archive section somewhere that I'm not finding?
There was some info on the pages for the MK.III that I would like to have access to...get a copy of, etc. for later reference...

And... I still LOVE my mk.III... anybody else?

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Marsh P200b, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, I'm outta room..
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Tori MK.III-appreciation thread-where's the love?
Reply #1 - 11/27/13 at 00:02:27

Maddog, the thread is still here.  It was just moved to the older gear section towards the bottom of the page...Mark.

http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?board=TORII3

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #2 - 11/27/13 at 01:50:41

thanks Mark58 - useful, but that's not what I'm referring to here.  I'm not talking about the forum thread... I'm talking about the actual Tori MK.III webpage that used to appear when you clicked on the picture of the Torii when on the AMPS page of the website... like if you were going to order it...

I'm sure Steve still has the actual webpages, they're just not linked to from any of the current pages.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Marsh P200b, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, I'm outta room..
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3 - 11/27/13 at 02:54:02

I don't know if it helps, but here is the manual:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TORIIMK3Manual.pdf

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #4 - 11/27/13 at 03:15:16

thanks Lon... got the manual... in hardcopy color form..!!!!  There was some info on the webpage... that I haven't found anywhere else... but not hyper critical in the grand scheme either...

now where's that love?

Shocked

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #5 - 11/27/13 at 03:21:11

I LOVE my two Mk IIIs, each a little different.

And my Mk II.

I'm sure I could learn to love a Mk IV. . . but I have to draw the line somewhere! Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 11/27/13 at 14:54:28

....all of the LOVE is for the new IV now-don't you know?! (hehehe)

I am ordering the Torii IV in August.

Currently, I am burning in my new Kimber Select 3035 Speaker Cables with my KSelect 1030 IC.....awaiting my Mystery Amplifier!   -Stone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #7 - 11/27/13 at 14:58:35

maddog, I know what you mean, I miss the web page too, hopefully Steve will see this thread and give us a link to store.

I guess I understand all the hoopla about the IV but I often find that Steve moves towards playback style that doesn't best suit me, I think the earlier models are better for me. I love the Mk II I have and will probably set that up in the second system and leave my original Mk III as a back up amp. Just a bit more forgiving and warm, whereas it seems the IV and MA are moving away from that.

Long live the original Torii, II and IIIs!

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/27/13 at 15:41:45

My Torii is still the last amp I will own. I love it and it only gets better and I have no interest in the MK4. I am so loving the Gold Lion GT77's right now. I don't think I could live without the bass and treble controls.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #9 - 11/27/13 at 15:45:50

....come on guys....da'nile is not just a river in Egypt!  You know you want the IV....we know you want it....just do it.

No seriously though, I regret selling my III...but I would have upgraded to the IV.  -S

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #10 - 11/27/13 at 16:35:09

Honestly Stone, I have no interest in the IV. I'd check out the MA or the Monos if I felt I needed another amp, but I'm so happy, and I love these amps once they begin seasoning and continue seasoning. That I think is where the real Decware gold is, the well seasoned amp with the right tube sets and supporting items. I don't need "the next big thing," don't need to keep chasing the new, I have THE amp.

« Last Edit: 11/27/13 at 16:36:23 by Lon »  

IP Logged
subagent
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 11/27/13 at 22:28:00

Maddog,

I have a very important link to share with you, but the system rules require that I have five regular posts before I can share an active link.

This would be my fourth post.

Best,

Chris

IP Logged
subagent
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 11/27/13 at 22:29:07

This is my fifth post. Roll Eyes

Wait for it.....

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #13 - 11/27/13 at 22:31:04

Now you have me curious.  ;D

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
subagent
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 11/27/13 at 22:31:40

Boom!  The information you seek is here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130218185403/http://www.decware.com/newsite/TORII.h...

I'm a posting machine.

Best,

Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print