08/30/14 at 13:18:37

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A Bevy of Decware (Read 2341 times)
Clayton
Verified Member

A Bevy of Decware
11/20/13 at 21:18:21

My little big Decware amps all in a row.

Decware.jpeg
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: A Bevy of Decware
Reply #1 - 11/20/13 at 21:58:07

Very nice Clayton.  I recognize a ZP3, a CSP of some vintage, and a Torii but I can't identify the Amp third from the left.  Very neat setup.  Mine are scattered about...all new black tops...on a coffee table in the middle of my listening room, I have a Taboo MK III, CSP3, and a Rega RP6 TT.  On the floor underneath it I have my ZP3 and on an end table behind the coffee table I have a Torii MK IV.  The arrangement sure isn't ideal but ...mmmm...does it sound sweet.  I hope to someday get things arranged as neatly as you. Mark.

« Last Edit: 11/20/13 at 21:59:06 by mark58 »  
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/20/13 at 22:20:38

The third from the left is a TABOO MK II

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/22/13 at 08:01:33

Does the ZP3 really have the cables in the front like that or is that a mod or special order?

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 11/22/13 at 11:56:33

Nice White Top collection! I almost got myself a Torii III white top - but decided to wait and see what I thought of the gear at Decfest this year. Your setup looks very nice!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #5 - 11/22/13 at 13:56:22

If I recall correctly on the web page it says the cables in the front is the default configuration (shorter signal path, a little better sound) but Sarah told me that the connections in the back are standard.

The ZP3 can be had either way. I have the ZP3 with the connections on the back.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Clayton
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 11/22/13 at 13:59:06

The ZP3's cables are located at the front because it is closer to the tubes and therefore the connections from the input/output to the tube sockets are shorter. The option offered is to have them at the back making the path longer. Decware claims that the shorter wiring scheme delivers a blacker background, that is, lower noise.

And yes, I really like the white tops on these amps. Now I have to stop ordering Decware amps for fear that the new typewriter-finish tops will be a jarring distraction when positioned next to the old white tops--j/k.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/22/13 at 14:02:23

The white top ZP3 I had briefly had connections on the front and back.  I think the front were standard, the ones in the back were an option.  This one doesn't appear to have them in the back.  My understanding is that the front connectors had  shorter wiring so a shorter signal path with "Better" Sound Quality.  The new ones all come with them in the back only...I think.  mark.

« Last Edit: 11/22/13 at 14:03:17 by mark58 »  
  IP Logged
Clayton
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 11/22/13 at 14:17:38

Here's a closeup of the ZP3 ICs. I like it located at the front because it looks more dramatic.
« Last Edit: 11/22/13 at 14:20:05 by Clayton »  

Decware_ZP3_front.JPG
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #9 - 11/23/13 at 07:52:25

Hi Clayton,

That reminds me of the St. Louis Gateway arch.
Really cool curves.

You have a great Decware lineup. Smiley

Regards,
LS

IP Logged
Clayton
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 11/23/13 at 21:02:21

Thanks, All.

I'm really proud of my Decware system. I'm thinking about taking the Mini Torii to work. I really need to get some good headphones first, like the HiFiMAN HE-500.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 11/23/13 at 23:03:40

Thanks for the clarification on the ZP3 guys ...

@ Clayton, what an amazing setup!  You have all the pieces that I would eventually like to get as well.

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 11/24/13 at 10:55:52

Nice call on the E80CC. Those take things to another level.

IP Logged
nico

Reply #13 - 12/21/13 at 11:24:07

Very impressive. I'd like to try out some of those components....
Hope you don't have kids that like to play ball in the room with so many precious tubes.
Did you manage to get your system silent when switched "on" ?
Nico

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #14 - 12/21/13 at 23:43:53

Clayton, what rectifier is that that is using the adapter and has flying leads? How's it sound?

I remember seeing some JAN submarine tubes like that which could be used in place of a 5U4G or the like that could very well be pretty good, untapped NOS source.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print