Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/22/14 at 09:10:24

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Let us know your next Live (Music) Show (Read 2852 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Let us know your next Live (Music) Show
Reply #15 - 02/22/14 at 01:37:44

James McMurtry in Stoughtoun Wisconsin 3/8 in a old opera house. It is a 4 hour drive. I'm hoping that it is worth it!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 02/22/14 at 03:07:04

One of my neighbors, an eighth grader, practicing his clarinet. He has mastered several scales!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #17 - 02/22/14 at 15:14:53

The next Artie Shaw!  :)

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 02/22/14 at 15:36:03

More like the next Ted Lewis! (Hardly anyone knows about Ted Lewis these days but in the 'twenties and 'thirties he led a band and played a little clarinet. His tag line was "Is everybody Happy?" Jazzman Eddie Condon who knew how to turn a phrase and tell a joke said of Ted Lewis: He could make the clarinet talk! But mostly it said "please put me back in the case.")

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 06/06/14 at 06:02:23

Quote:
beowulf said,
Last night I watched 3 Doors Down at the House of Blues in San Diego's Gas Lamp District.  I can't say that I was ever a big fan of them (I probably knew a total of three songs out of last night's set ~ Kryptonite, Loser and Here Without You) and I probably would have never gone, but my friend's wife loves these guys and she bought us all tickets (who am I to refuse a free show Grin).  

I will say that the show was excellent, the music and songs were good and they are great musicians.  Their fans love them as well and it was an all acoustic show in a small venue so it was pretty intimate.  Overall, I would be happy to see them again if the opportunity arises.

Yes, I'm quoting myself Grin

Last weekend I saw 3 Doors Down ... AGAIN.  You would think that seeing them twice within a 5 month period I must a big fan or something, however they just happened to be playing along with the Gin Blossoms and Nelson (Ricky's kids) at a Wine and Craft Beer Fest in Temecula (North San Diego County).  Last time it was an acoustic session, this time 3 Doors Down slammed us with full blown electricity and there were stellar performances from each band.

Temecula (being famous for wine) also has some class "A" breweries... it was 90 degrees in the shade and I had a designated driver so the ice cold beer was a flowing!!! Cool

« Last Edit: 06/06/14 at 06:03:21 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #20 - 06/24/14 at 22:22:07

I am jealous! I would have liked that very much Beowulf.

My summer calendar is shaping up. I have Dave Koz Summer Horns Tour July 6. Toby Keith August 21 an Boston August 29 on a Friday night! I will do at least two spur of the moment Dakota Jazz Club shows....it is summer time on Nicholet Mall..... . Spending 10 days in NY next month from the Hudson Valley to Daryl's House to the Adirondacks to NYC with my Son. August rocking it hard in Nassau the Bahamas for 5 days. ...then home for Toby.

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 06/24/14 at 23:46:08

Wow Stone, what a summer line-up indeed!  

A few years back ... ok maybe a decade or so back Grin.  We went to Antigua and really enjoyed the music scene there (lots of cool Reggae).  But there was one night that really stood out to me ... we were at a formal (Black Tie) dinner party, except that it was on the beach and nobody wore shoes.  So there we were ~ Tux's on, toes in the sand, the Red Stripes were flowing and there was a guy who came in (just him and his acoustic guitar) and played a whole set dedicated to Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra and other Jazz type singers in which he turned them all into Reggae style.  It was just a stunning performance and caught us all off gaurd!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #22 - 06/25/14 at 21:52:57

Impromptu is sometimes the best, ....cool Beowulf. I liked Antiqua....Eric Clapton's house/I waved as we drove by........he does a lot for the school kids there and his rehab center too....and the music.

http://www.cantussings.org/concerts/twin-cities/

Hey, I saw Cantus, finally, this past Sunday at Assumption Catholic Church in St. Paul. They did not disappoint! I don't know how I forgot to mention this...it was quite memorable. I was just reflecting on it...and remembered I did not mention here.

« Last Edit: 06/25/14 at 22:37:37 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #23 - 07/25/14 at 20:21:45

Dave an the Summer Horns was rescheduled for August 17th at the Minnesota Zoo. Great Venue.

Having a Vinyl Afternoon!  

Right now: The Cars.....Double Life...Shoo Be Doo...Candy-O...these all Segway so nice...an my SDA function in the 1.2 Polks...just gets this so right for Vinyl!

Anyway, tonight is the pre-party to the Bahamas next Sunday...we kick off in Miami with some Cuban Coffee and such...then to Nassau........ .  Cheers, Stone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #24 - 07/25/14 at 20:37:07

The Live Music part I forgot!  

Starting in Nassau: everything from the people whom came out of the Garage Band and should have stayed there...too accomplished Musicians....that should be on a Label.......... .  Always fun an rewarding for on the Seek!   Cheers once again....all have a great Weekend...it is Summer!  -Stone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #25 - 08/02/14 at 18:57:11

Sir Paul McCartney at Target Field tonight!

Weather is good too!
He is back in good health.....Legend must see..... .

HE is here....an downtown is freakin' ELECTRIC right now!

I wasn't going to go....and then I said: "Larry...hello...you're going"!

Cheers, Stone!

« Last Edit: 08/02/14 at 19:21:30 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 08/03/14 at 00:00:30

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #27 - 10/03/14 at 16:01:16

Dave, Scottish Electric Band. I will check it out. This is the great thing about this hobby...I love so many different genre's...it would take two lifetimes to get to it all! I keep discovering an discovering...it never gets old for me. I don't know what I would do without my Music in this crazy world... .

After Sir Paul at Target Field 8/2....(the sound was good too)...I did go to Dave Koz Summer Horns 8/17...sound was good....good deep bass too. Then, Toby Keith 8/21...sound so so...he was a little hammered too.
Also, Boston on Friday, 8/29....sound sucked!  I had Huey Lewis an the News at this same Venue back in May...an his sound guy(s)...had it nailed beautifully! So, no excuse sucky Boston sound guy(s).

Tonight, last minute, an lucky to get a couple decent seats for the 9 pm show.  Mr. Lee Ritenour baby!  Can't wait!  Cheers!
http://www.dakotacooks.com/event/lee-ritenour/

« Last Edit: 10/03/14 at 16:01:49 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90