Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just got my TORII MK4 (Read 1937 times)
glineus
Verified Member

Re: Just got my TORII MK4
Reply #15 - 11/11/13 at 21:54:43

Hi Jgrillo,

What is the use of the stereo mono switch ? I think the difference between both amps is the switch and volume knob. If so I may be able to live with it.

Regards

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 11/11/13 at 22:17:48

Jgrillo and glineus, here's my two cents.  Glineus should keep the Amp sent to him...it's an upgrade. Jgrillo, you should send back the stock Amp you got in the pelican case in the meantime Steve could have one built to your specs.  It'd be ready when the stock unit arrived at Decware and your new amp could be sent out the same or following day.  The stock Amp could easily be sold to the next customer in line with just a label change.  Everyone's happy...No?  Mark.

IP Logged
glineus
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 11/12/13 at 00:14:28

Hi Mark58,

This suggestion suits me fine provided that it is sanctioned by Steve, as the amp would not be delivered in Trinidad & Tobago for another two or three weeks. I am still researching the use of the mono/stereo switch.  Is it a feature explained in the amp. section? Can anyone point me in that direction?

I empathize with Jgrillo but I am certain Steve will address the situation to the satisfaction of all parties concerned.

Happy Listening

IP Logged
jgrillo
Verified Member

Reply #18 - 11/12/13 at 00:23:30

George,

The stereo/mono switch is just a mono switch that I put on making my mono records as "true mono" as you can get without a mono cartridge (it essentially sums the channels like a couple of Y adapters but w the flick of a switch). It was a $100 upgrade. I am not sure exactly where it would be located, or if it would be a rocker switch like the on/off or the silver toggle switches. The walnut knob will only be for volume, probably not a big deal.

Mark,

Not a bad idea, I can definitely see them eating the $100 to George, repacking his original stock to the next down the line, and hopefully sending my new one with free shipping. I will speak with them tomorrow.

Everyone enjoy your evening!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print