Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/16/14 at 10:41:09

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
AC regeneration for Decware amps benefits (Read 10446 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: AC regeneration for Decware amps benefits
Reply #120 - 02/18/14 at 14:17:16

Thanks.

I've seen them for about $1K.  I'll keep watching.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #121 - 02/19/14 at 02:27:45

Quote:
Posted by: beowulf

I realize that buying a P10 would have someone completely covered since it's their highest level product, but what about the other units, etc. in comparison to what one's needs are?

I have a P5 for a small system. I could not afford a P10, and this was before the P3 came out. Some, including PS Audio, say the P10 sounds the best because of the increase in magnetics. I think there is a you tube video where they showed the difference in size of the internals.

A P10 is on my wish list to replace an older P500 power plant that I have.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #122 - 02/19/14 at 05:45:07

Quote:
busterfree said,

I have a P5 for a small system. I could not afford a P10, and this was before the P3 came out. Some, including PS Audio, say the P10 sounds the best because of the increase in magnetics. I think there is a you tube video where they showed the difference in size of the internals.

A P10 is on my wish list to replace an older P500 power plant that I have.

Wish list is correct! There's always something to entice us towards that darn P10 Grin

« Last Edit: 02/19/14 at 05:46:50 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #123 - 02/19/14 at 06:39:54

Here is the link to the video. You can see the inside of power plants @ the 2:10 mark.

http://youtu.be/hNHkfhBa42g

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #124 - 02/19/14 at 15:50:47

I've watched that video so many times. Apparently Paul is also an artisan bread maker as well as audiophile, so it makes me smile when he compares audio to bread.

I wish they had more videos...even the ones showing their ineptitude with room treatments was interesting.  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #125 - 02/19/14 at 18:40:06

Ac has fascinated me from the first time that I stuck a butter knife into a wall outlet...the subsequent experiences were less by comparison. Having said that, AC is rife with possibilities, and PS Audio was one of the pioneers in going beyond the passive filtering that became more and more a predator by the way of ignorance from the audio nuts. No doubt most things have their place, even lies, but it is our job to investigate the facts before purchase. In the end, our beliefs,however naive or sophisticated, do not change the truth.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print