Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/16/14 at 16:29:20

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Any live streaming to Decfest 2013? (Read 2537 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Any live streaming to Decfest 2013?
10/05/13 at 08:50:11

I believe last year there was some hi-def streaming ... is there a link for this year as well?  Would love to live vicariously through the lucky guys and gals able to attend! Grin

« Last Edit: 10/05/13 at 08:51:12 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Any live streaming to Decfest 2013?
Reply #1 - 10/05/13 at 08:54:57

Never mind, it's linked from the home page ... for anyone who's interested ...

Decfest Live Broadcast: http://www.decware.com/newsite/zenfest2011.html

Wow it's got to be 3:00 in the morning there and they are still going strong ... I got to make it there one year!

IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 10/05/13 at 23:20:36

I am currently listening in while at work.  All I can say is awesome!! I totally wish I was there.  For a live feed, it is perfect.  

Does anyone know if we are able to record this live feed??  The music they are playing is great.  Hopefully we can find out the song list, because I would love to buy some of the music they are playing.

IP Logged
thegrobe
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/06/13 at 07:49:57

A song list would be great, or even better a bit of text on the screen displaying the artist/track. I don't know how feasible that may be. Really good stuff playing there!

I've been able to grab lots of tracks info using Shazam, if that's any help to anyone. Give it a try!

Jriver MC > Audiophilleo 2+PurePower > Audio-GD SA-2 DAC > Decware Zen Triode CSP3 > Decware Zen Taboo mkIII > Norse Audio Skuld 8 > HD800 (also: DH Labs Silver Revelation / SoundSilver Interconnects...And a few fistfulls of tubes!)
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 10/06/13 at 17:02:11

Assuming there was a recording of the even (or if you catch a song live) my solution is an Android phone app (probably available on iPhone but I don't like apple) called Shazam (yes, like the super hero).

I've caught videos on you tube where they didn't list the song or have been at a movie theater, or in this weekends case at Decfest and I'm like WOW what is this song! Pop out the phone, fire up Shazam and let it listen to the song for a minute, it will show you the song, artist, and album it came from. Then I use the "share" feature to E-mail it's findings to myself so I can recall it later (I have memory problems so this is a huge help). This is what I got in my E-mail after listening Friday night:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Melting World - Suspended Memories & Steve Roach & Jorge Reyes & Suso Saiz‏

Actions
Eric Ventura 10/05/13
To: Eric Ventura
Picture of Eric Ventura
I just used Shazam to discover Melting World by Suspended Memories & Steve Roach & Jorge Reyes & Suso Saiz. http://shz.am/t61401852

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/06/13 at 22:46:30

@ Lonely Raven ... what were some of the highlights for you this year and were you able to make a decision of the KT-66 setup for your new Torii?

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 10/07/13 at 03:10:41

Oh yeah, the MK IV is built for the KT-66 - don't even bother with the EL34.

As for "my Torii", you can scratch that and replace it with "Mystery". I've put my spare kidney up for sale.

As for highlights, it was honestly just meeting people and chatting about everything and anything.

Hardware wise, I enjoyed listening to my 15 year old Zen Amp against the newer generations. I tried not to listen to too many different speakers, since I've got the the MG944. But as soon as I got a chance to control the room, I went nuts with my audio files, Steve's well broken in MG944s, and all the new amps. I really, really enjoyed the Mystery amp...I also hate the Mystery amp; only because going to be a long while before I can afford one...

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/07/13 at 14:14:08

I enjoyed the fest as well.  It's a great opportunity to give everything a listen and line up your buying priorities.

Hands down the best combo I heard was the mystery amp with the modified DM945s on the passive sub stands.  I liked the HR-1s with the mystery amp too, but for some reason, the 945s gave me more of what I liked.

Raven, it was good to meet you.  We will have to get together some time.  I set up my desk setup in the build room and ran a couple of SE84s through it with both the old and new trapeziums and the sound was remarkable.  I saw what I thought was your amp on the bench, but didn't want to plug it in without asking.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #8 - 10/07/13 at 15:11:52

I hope Steve posts the Feed Thread...today from the Fest. I was unable to view/Listen in on it this weekend.

Lonely Raven & Palomino, sounds like the Mystery Amp was a big hit! Thanks for your input.

As soon as Steve puts the Mystery Amp on the Website with the passive sub stands for the DM945's...I am ordering the three of them (DM945's/sub stands/Mystery Amp).

I have been fortunate as of late to sell some other things and assets to be able to make these purchases. I recently brought in the NAD M51, Anedio D2, Simaudio Moon W5.3 SE Amplifier & PS Audio AC-10 Power Cord......I am keeping all four of these pieces too.    -S

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #9 - 10/07/13 at 15:26:55

The AC-10 is really nice, glad you are keeping it. . . I still have one more in my system to replace with an AC-12. Smiley I LOVE the AC-12 but the AC-10 is really good.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 10/07/13 at 15:46:00

Guys,
What DAC was Steve using. I know if was a Teac but which model?

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #11 - 10/07/13 at 16:03:08

Stone, You'll really like the DM945. I was getting a little grumpy because I swear they sound better than my MG944. The bass has a full, yet controlled/punchy quality to it that my MG944 don't have. It's no wonder Steve is discontinuing the 944s. My fiance even commented that it was good I'm running a 21" sub-woofer with 2000 watts behind it, otherwise we'd both be grumping about how the 945 outclassed the 944. The 945 had some other qualities that I think were really nice, but I honestly tried not to give them too much attention...as I said, I've already got good speakers and I'm trying not to covet. My focus was on the amps.

Hands down, the Mystery amp was the star of the show. I really don't think anyone bothered to plug in the Torii Monoblocks the whole weekend.

tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 10/07/13 at 17:36:34

The MG944's are being discontinued? That's too bad...  I've owned a pair for 6 years, which have been used in my second system with Decware ZSM Monoblocks.

The 944's are great speakers!  The news they are being dropped from the line, will motivate me to finally upgrade my pair with Mundorf or Jupiter caps.

Did Steve say they were getting too expensive to build?

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #13 - 10/07/13 at 17:47:18

Steve mentioned to me when I got my pair some six weeks back that he was considering discontinuing them...Bob (Ziggy) said they were disco now with the 945 and the bass box. So I'm not sure it's official, but it sounds like it is. That's about all I know about it really.

I wish I didn't have to keep my head in a vice when I listen...and I'm hoping I can pull that holographic imaging I'm still searching for...if I can get that imaging, then I'll be happy with my MG944 for many years to come. I'm still working on figuring out placement of my speakers, and building diffusers. Hopefully when I get all the diffusers built, I'll find what I'm looking for.

Just FYI, for those that are curious, I have my 21" subwoofer crossed over at 40hz, and the sub has a 3db point around 10hz. So it's really only filling in the bottom end, not taking over the bass from the 944.

tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 10/07/13 at 18:04:29

Lonely Raven,  Thanks for all the info on the 944's, and your subwoofer set-up.  I may try our your subwoofer idea in the future.  It sounds nice.

Once you get the diffusers built, and in place,  I feel you'll probably get the imaging you're searching for.

I'm using Decware diffusers in both systems, and have been more than happy with them.  The cost to get them shipped does add up, unfortunately.  I've got another pair of them being shipped this week, that I ordered as a kit, just to get the price down.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print