Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/14 at 07:09:38

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need help with a decision... (Read 1647 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Need help with a decision...
Reply #15 - 09/23/13 at 13:53:44

I agree, they all have a magic of their own, and the little ones are truly audiophile revealing tools. Perhaps too much so for me, I find that with the Torii I can roll so many tubes and get so much adjustment out of placing IsoCups under it that I can make it more musical for more of my collection, and the power just wakes my HR-1 and ERR speakers up in a way the smaller amps never can. So I use the Mk IIIs in both systems (and a Mk II that now sits in a Pelikan case) even though I have a Vaughn-modded C that is excellent. . . it just doesn't fit my collection of mediocre recordings and my speakers as well.

« Last Edit: 09/23/13 at 13:54:10 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #16 - 09/24/13 at 04:46:02

The SE84CS & Super Zen CKC are something special. deuceK, I would not and I did not, have my SE84CS upgraded from stock. No way in hell...would I mess with how special this Amp is stock.
I do have the Super Zen with the Jupiter caps...but I still like my SE84CS the best. After 10 months of burn in though....the CKC comes close to the magic of my SE84CS.

Soooo, be careful what you wish for.....and always....your mileage may very.   -S

« Last Edit: 09/24/13 at 04:47:35 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 09/24/13 at 13:59:37

Guys, thanks for the responses. I have decided to keep what I have. If I ever move into a bigger room then I might look into the Torii. I did PM Steve about the upgrade to the CSs. Trying to figure out if its just the caps they replace or other things. He did mention in one of the threads that SuperZen has the power caps removed and one other resistor upgraded compated to the CS. Not sure if this applies to the older amps when upgraded. If its only the signal caps and I do not hear an improvement I can always swap the other caps back in. I will know for sure once he reponds. But for now they are staying where they are.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print