10/31/14 at 08:09:34

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hi..its me (Read 3711 times)
Shalamatwazzy
Verified Member

Re: Hi..its me
Reply #15 - 09/12/13 at 20:38:56

Well its done I have pulled the trigger on the SE34I.2+..pick up on Saturday.. Ill post a pic or two once set up in position..

Have to see how it gets on with driving the vandee's but I suspect the crossover will dissipate most  of the energy before the juice hits the drivers..

The Omegas are front runners as suitable replacements unless somebody can point me in the direction of a better Uk based alternative Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 09/12/13 at 20:58:29

Congrats!

The amp may surprise you and give you enough magic with what you have.. . .until you can do better with speakers.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Shalamatwazzy
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 09/12/13 at 21:14:36

Thanks Lon... I'll be sure to let you and the other folks here know how things go after Saturday..

Hey Ive been looking at Decwares interconnects and thinking they will surely maximise things..i have used all sorts but more recently mark grant and also Van damme with neutric phono plugs..

Any experience with the Decware cables

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 09/13/13 at 00:08:45

Well, I bet the current cables will work fine. I used the Decware Silver Reference cables for years and they're excellent cables for the reasonable price. It took me twice as much and more money to get better cables. Ultimately I moved away from them because I found that copper and copper with silver plating interconnects complement my system more than all silver do. Just a synergy thing. I've moved to VooDoo Audio (Evolution) and cryoset.com Version 2 cables, and also one pair of Analysis Plus between my ZP3 and one of the CSP2+. The Decware are very good especially for "detail freaks." Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #19 - 09/13/13 at 14:36:53

(raises hand) Detail Freak!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Shalamatwazzy
Verified Member

Reply #20 - 09/14/13 at 14:18:14

All set up and .....1 hour in????

It is severely struggling to drive the Vandersteen's..

And I would have to describe the sound as just so so..

Disappointing is the word I would use  :'( Cry Cry

IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 09/14/13 at 15:26:17

Thats tough Shal....Exactly the same as when I had to unhook one of my SE341`s and use one to drive my 898db e/stats. I didn`t listen for long. When I got replacement power tubes for the other one and fired them both up again the magic and power snapped back into action. These low efficiency speakers seem to have a power threshold Lots of members get the magic with say 95+dbs.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, CSP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DSC i/c`s, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s. Roksan Radius/Nima/high def cabl & M.Benz LP s , Rega P3,RB300 (silver Litz), Rega wall mount, DV 20XL, Nakamichi LX5, M/L aeon i`s, Townshend Isolda sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains sub
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #22 - 09/14/13 at 15:42:36

It is sounding "so so" because it's struggling to drive the Vandersteens. Sorry, I thought they would do a bit better. They're awesome amps with the right speakers. . . .

The Torii or the Mystery Amp would be the best for these speakers, but I can understand how that is a problem so far away.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 09/14/13 at 17:36:16

You might try the Tekton Lore, which has 8 ohms impedance with 98db sensitivity.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 09/14/13 at 19:13:35

Quote:
RR said,
You might try the Tekton Lore, which has 8 ohms impedance with 98db sensitivity.

He lives over in the UK ... can you think of any efficient speaker brands that might be more accessible to him?  (Other than Klipsch Horns Smiley)

IP Logged
Shalamatwazzy
Verified Member

Reply #25 - 09/14/13 at 21:22:24

Yep  there's a real lack of high efficiency loudspeakers for the SET guys here in the UK..In fact if I wanted a pair of Klipsch La scala's they are a 400 mile+ round trip away at the one and ONLY UK dealer in and for this privilege it only cost me a mere 8000!! also factor in that they will take over and dominate most typical UK living rooms...

So long live the energy zapping soul robbing overly complex crossover brigade of multiple tiny driver speakers of which Ihave a choice of 1000's here in the UK..all of which require massive amounts of high power solid state to wring some life out of um.. good huh  :P

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 09/14/13 at 21:31:47

By the way ... does that whole VAT + Tax, etc. thing you guys go through apply to imports from all countries or just the USA? Sad

IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 09/14/13 at 23:01:35

Theres 20% vat on everything here `cept food,.. and kids clothes I think,  usually factored into the price. You have to pay it  from the EU as well. Buying from the US just incurs custom charges, no vat. So you dont pay double bubble. Works out cost effective even with the postage so it makes sense to buy from Decware in more ways than one.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, CSP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DSC i/c`s, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s. Roksan Radius/Nima/high def cabl & M.Benz LP s , Rega P3,RB300 (silver Litz), Rega wall mount, DV 20XL, Nakamichi LX5, M/L aeon i`s, Townshend Isolda sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains sub
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 09/14/13 at 23:37:04

I was thinking that the Lores would be a lot less than the Omegas, notwithstanding the V.A.T.; that's the only reason I suggested them. I do know about that V.A.T.  It's  real killer. We'll have it here someday.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Shalamatwazzy
Verified Member

Reply #29 - 09/22/13 at 17:26:48

Bottom line im not prepared to order the Omegas blind so I wont get to listen to any. Im selling the SE34I.2+ if anybody's interested here in the UK for 850 or near offer...cheers Matt

« Last Edit: 09/22/13 at 17:27:32 by Shalamatwazzy »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print