Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Send Topic Print
New Torii MKIV (Read 35483 times)
patshrews
Verified Member

Re: New Torii MKIV
Reply #165 - 10/07/13 at 21:50:05

Hi everyone,

After lurking here for nearly a year, I pulled the trigger on the Mark IV. I can't wait to join the Decware family!

Sincerely,

Pat

Smiley

Torii Mk. IV
Schiit Gungnir
Zu Omen Bookshelfs
with HO drivers
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #166 - 10/07/13 at 21:57:31

Hi Pat... welcome to the family.

if this is your first Decware experience... be prepared.... this can be a life altering event!  Get ready to step off the merry-go-round and just "enjoy the music" from this point on.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Marsh P200b, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, I'm outta room..
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #167 - 10/07/13 at 22:27:44

Pat,

WELCOME! And I hope the wait is not TOO painful!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
jsm71
Seasoned Member

Reply #168 - 10/09/13 at 16:44:15

Hi, Pat.  I was in your shoes a number of months back.  I believe I got the first customer shipped MK IV and I've had it now going into my third week.  The Torii was my first Decware piece and I can tell you the wait is worth it.  I recommend using the KT66s with this amp.  I also have the EL34s and have put those away.  The 66s seem to have a richer sound and better balance top to bottom.  I still have tons of break in to go but this amp has already won me over.  If it continues to improve as everyone suggests that it will, this will be my last amp.

Wait as fast as you can! Grin

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #169 - 10/11/13 at 11:50:01

I just noticed on the product page that Steve omitted the bit about ordering a TORII MK IV at the TORII MK III Price. He also omitted the pictures of the IV. I think the transition to the new page is underway.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
JazztoGo
Verified Member

Reply #170 - 10/21/13 at 22:34:09

Well my Torii MKIV just arrvied today.  For now I am seeing how it sounds with my small traps speakers.  I have used the mini torii for a few years now, jupiter and feedback upgrade on it,  and just love it so time to see how this big boy does Smiley   Cheesy

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #171 - 10/21/13 at 23:09:03

I have never heard a mini-Torii... but I did A/B my Torii III to the IV, and I prefer the III's lusciousness to the IV's more clinical sound... your speakers, sources and room will surely be different and your preferences may vary.  It will be interesting to hear your impressions.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Marsh P200b, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, I'm outta room..
  IP Logged
JazztoGo
Verified Member

Reply #172 - 10/26/13 at 03:34:44

Well darn it this amp is just super awesome that since I have plugged it in I forgot about my mini torii.  I have noticed everything just went up a notch in a good way, especially the bass department and clarity compared to my mini torii.  Now I just love my mini torii but since I got the MKIV I have had no desire to listen to it lol.  I still have burning in to do as I have only like 30 hours on it.  Even my wife who is just the best, mentioned how good the MKIV sounded and she never comments on my audio stuff lol.

My setup is,  iMac--Anedio U2 usb converter---Van Alstine Vision dac---Torii---Trapezium speakers,  though speakers will be upgraded eventually to the err's or hr-1.
Thank you decware team for making an amazing amp and having such wonderful service. Cheesy

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #173 - 10/26/13 at 06:22:58

Great news JazzToGo. Keep us informed. I really look forward to hearing the MkIV!

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #174 - 10/27/13 at 00:27:53

I have finished the Owner's Manual for the TORII MK IV.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TORIIMK4.pdf

Sorry it took so long!  Now on to the web page!

-Steve  

WWW   IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #175 - 10/27/13 at 00:34:12

Many thanks!

IP Logged
RoyMercer

Reply #176 - 10/27/13 at 04:04:39

Thanks Steve! You just answered many questions.

Can we use 6L6 output tubes in place of the KT-66's?

Velodyne SMS-1, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Decware Torii MK3, Dynaco MK3 Mono, Outlaw 7500, Modwright Oppo 95 & 105, Decware HDT's, Klipsch RC64 II, RS62 II's, QSC RMX 4050, 2 Danley Sound Labs DTS-10’s, P5 power plant, Powervar ABC3030, ABCE1440 & 30+GIK traps.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #177 - 10/27/13 at 06:07:38

Quote:
Speaker Impedance Switch (cont.)
The amplifier is sold with the option of being wired for 8 and 16 ohm speakers. Irregardless
of which way you had your amplifier wired at the factory, the higher impedance will always
be with the switch towards the front of the amp. Lower impedance will always be with the
switch towards the rear of the amplifier.

I'm no grammar Nazi (hell, I'm barely literate  ;D), but seriously, ouch.

« Last Edit: 10/27/13 at 06:12:22 by Lonely Raven »  
WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #178 - 10/27/13 at 15:42:24

On Websters....ir·re·gard·less adverb \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\

Definition of IRREGARDLESS

nonstandard
:  regardless
Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.
Examples of IRREGARDLESS

I told them that irregardless of what you read in books, they's some members of the theatrical profession that occasionally visits the place where they sleep. —Ring Lardner, The Big Town, 1921
Origin of IRREGARDLESS

probably blend of irrespective and regardless
First Known Use: circa 1912

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #179 - 10/27/13 at 16:11:57

Yes, "irregardless" didn't sting me in that sentence. Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Send Topic Print