07/22/14 at 22:24:00

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Anyone there to help? (Read 3497 times)
Rose
Verified Member

Anyone there to help?
08/17/13 at 18:57:05

I'm very interested in Decware products and have some questions. It's been weeks since I've emailed three different people and left a voice mail message, but nobody has gotten back to me. Nobody ever picks up the phone no matter when I call. Is anyone even there? Customer service is non-existent, which is very disappointing. It makes me wonder how warranty and other issues will be handled if you can never get a hold of anyone. I decided to try one more time before I move on. Is there anyone who can help me?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Anyone there to help?
Reply #1 - 08/17/13 at 19:47:46

Rose,

Sorry to hear the frustrating results of your attempts at communication. If you were to post your questions here, on this thread, I'm sure that forum members will do their best to answer. Try us!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #2 - 08/17/13 at 19:54:11

I hear you. It's intensely frustrating to be supplied contact info. and getting no response.
Even a good reason for no response leaves the (potential) customer no less frustrated--- Angry
don

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/17/13 at 20:55:50

What is your question?

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Rose
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/17/13 at 23:58:00

I have a lot of questions, and I prefer to speak with somebody at Decware. However, I do have one question for you guys. I'm interested in the zen mini torii 2. It says that it can be used without a preamp. Has anyone used it this way? What are your thoughts? I have sensitive speakers and don't need a lot of power. They're Tekton Lore-S speakers.

BTW, I originally wanted to purchase Decware speakers, but nobody ever responded to my questions. Has anyone had better luck contacting Decware? How do current owners get in touch with anyone? I'm hesitant to give my business to a company with such poor customer service.  

IP Logged
dla405j
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 08/18/13 at 01:18:10

As a customer of decware for many years and made numerous phone calls and visits I have found their customer service to be top notch..the whole crew there has taken time with me and been cordial and very helpful.  add a lifetime warranty and the highest quality products that last forever plus design and engineering that is cutting edge and you have a company that is the best of the best.  Don't give up just call again...it's a small operation with everybody involved in producing the best products at reasonable prices..they are very busy multitasking so you may have just hit them at the wrong time....
dla405j

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #6 - 08/18/13 at 01:41:25

I agree with dla, I find their customer service to be excellent when I reach them, but it can take time and be a bit frustrating to reach them. Calling is best, which is not my favorite way, but it works. Usually when I write to Steve I get a response, and that is also the case with DeVon and Sarah, but it can take time.

As for the Mini-Torri and a preamp:  I haven't owned the Mini-Torii but I have owned six other Decware amps and all can be used quite successfully without a preamp. A very good preamp  can bring an additional somethng special to the sound, but they are very satisfying without a preamp.

The illustrious builder of the speakers Bob Zeigler has had serious health issues in the past month and is on the mend and so speaker waiting is long and perhaps communication is slow. But the speakers are well worth the effort, I can't imagine not having a few pairs!

Best of luck and welcome.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Rose
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 08/18/13 at 01:53:29

Thanks for the responses. I'll try calling a few more times, but I don't want to wait too much longer. It shouldn't take weeks or months to respond to customers regardless of the size of the company. The amps do look pretty solid, but there are plenty of other American companies that make amps. Like I said, I wanted to try one last time before I move on.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #8 - 08/18/13 at 02:56:37

Rose, Decware is in my estimation worth the effort, and regulars here can help a lot with questions and information. Buying my first Zen amp launched me into a whole new realm of listening enjoyment and involvement. If I examine it closely and objectively, it appears their products have really become an important part of my daily life. I love music, they get me to the music.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 08/18/13 at 03:33:52

I use the mini torii without a preamp, and I like it. I have found that reviewing old threads helped to answer my questions when I was thinking of buying the amp.

I think its ability to work with low output sources (like ipods) is positive feature not found on their other amps.

IP Logged
Rose
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 08/18/13 at 05:18:29

I honestly don't know which amp is the most suitable for my speakers. I am so new to all of this, which is why I wanted help from Decware. I just bought my first speakers. Until recently I didn't even know what a preamp was. I've been researching and learning, but I am still confused about a lot of things.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 08/18/13 at 08:01:22

Hi Rose, the Tektons are pretty efficient and are suitable for low powered tube amps.  Can you tell us a few things ...

1. What is your listening room size? (w x d x h)

2. How loud do you like to listen to music? (are you looking to throw raves or listen moderately)

3. What and how many source components will you have? (i.e. Turntable, DAC, CD Player, etc.)

4. Will you be listening "near field" or further back? (nearfield = close to speakers 6' or less)

A lot of guys can chime in and help you narrow down a nice amp or integrated.

IP Logged
Rose
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 08/18/13 at 16:54:51

Beowulf,

1. My listening room is my great room, which in an open area. My kitchen flows into this space, and the dining area is next to it as well. So it's a pretty large space. But the great room itself is 17' W, 15' D, and 14' H (vaulted ceiling).

2. I don't like loud music. I guess I listen moderately.

3. I have a TV, Blu-ray player, Roku box, and I'd like to add a CD player later.

4. I'm about 8 feet from my speakers.

Here are some additional information that might help. I mainly listen to classical music. This set up is mostly for music and some video. I only have 2 speakers and don't want surround sound. I don't need a DAC. Sound quality is the most important factor for me.

I plan to use an Oppo Blu-ray player as my source.

I'd like to add a preamp, but I'm not sure if I should buy one from Decware or buy an integrated amp elsewhere. Can I use an integrated amp as just a preamp? How about an integrated tube amp? What would be ideal? I don't want to buy an A/V receiver.

All the additional options on Decware amps are so confusing. It seems like the more I learn, the more confused I get. Thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

« Last Edit: 08/18/13 at 17:00:21 by Rose »  
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 08/18/13 at 17:14:57

Those Lore's look really nice. The specifications on them, 8 ohm, high sensitivity means they would play well with the Rachel Integrated, the Mini Torii (in which case you'd not need a preamp) or the TORII MK III (no preamp needed with that, either).

As an alternative to a preamp you could use a DECWARE Z-STAGE. That increases dynamics and allows you to manipulate or "ride" the gain.

I recommend a DECWARE SWITCH BOX that is a new product. You could run all those sources through there, to the ZSTAGE or CSP2 then to the amp you choose.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
JohnWatson
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 08/18/13 at 17:50:08

I have also had trouble getting replies to Emails and I think it's because they get tons. I call when I need to and the response there has always been great, but remember the hours are 10 to 4, Tues thru Fri. I use the Rachel and the Mini without preamps with ERRs and they work great. I tried adding a preamp to the Rachel and found it didn't really add anything for me. I highly recommend not giving up on contacting them, the after service is also first rate and very fast, if you need to use  the warranty!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print