Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/29/14 at 07:48:46

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Suggestions 10' Speaker Cables (Read 9151 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Suggestions 10' Speaker Cables
Reply #90 - 10/29/13 at 14:21:05

Lon, do you believe in that "static from the floor" "get them off the floor" thing? I've not experimented with that at all, so I'm reserving any thoughts till I try it myself.

That said, my speaker wires already don't touch the floor, because my setup is sorta like Steve's in that I have a rack in the middle, and the Styx wire is rather stiff...so I can pretty much run gentle arcs from the binding posts, across the glass, right to the back of the speakers...so I might be "bridging" the wire already.

Is your wire spaced out all along the length of the wire? I could try that as well if you think it made a difference. I was even thinking about making wood blocks to keep the wires spaced out a specific amount down the whole length.

Just thinking out-loud as I do. When someone posts something interesting, it gets the gears turning in my head.   Roll Eyes

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #91 - 10/29/13 at 15:08:58

LR,

I believe in that if there is very little or very thin insulation around the wire. I did the off the floor and spaced apart thing with the Styx because I used to do that with cryo'd Cat-6 wire and it made a distinct difference. With the Styx. I'm not sure it did. With this Double Helix wire it does,

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #92 - 10/29/13 at 15:45:33

Cool. Thanks for your input, Lon. Every little bit helps!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print