Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/22/14 at 18:43:29

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just ordered the MG944's (Read 1912 times)
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Re: Just ordered the MG944's
Reply #15 - 10/11/13 at 21:21:06

So after reading the posts since  Decfest wrapped up,  i've been wondering whether or not to keep my order open w/ the mg944 or switch to the 945's w/ the new companion cabinets.  So i called Decware today and spoke w/ Steve for about 30mins.  He said they think so much of the sound vs the 944's that they are gonna cancel production of the 944's.   He says the comp cab not only improves the bass department of the 945's, but also the rest of the frequencies as well.  To the point where it is hands down better than the 944.   Also said that the sweet spot is much wider than the 944's,  almost as good as w/ the err's.
 Steve said the 945 w/ cab is his favorite speaker they sell in terms of working great w/ any of his amps.   I mean to tell you,  he is amazed w/ them.  Price for the combo is about $2k, so more expensive than the 944s to be sure.

Then I asked him what he thought would be the better way for me to spend my 2k.   Keep my Torii 3 which has the Jupiter caps already, a 3 and upgrade the spkrs, or upgrade my MK 3 to a 4 ($450 since already have the Jup's) and keep w/ the 944s.   He said without a doubt to go w/ the former.  That in the end, that would yield the greatest sound improvement.

So there you have it,  945 w/ Companion Cab's is coming my way, and, as a bonus,  they keep them in stock so they will ship early next week.  They just gotta figure out how they want to box them.  They haven't shipped any before,, ie I get the first ones Cool   Cool.

The std speakers are in cherry wood,  the new cab's are black.

I'm totally stoked,  so glad I called Decware today,  would have really reqretted getting the 944's only to find out down the line from poster's on this site how much better they liked the new combo over their old 944's...

Greg

« Last Edit: 10/11/13 at 21:26:35 by Greg12 »  

Torii MkIII, DM947 speakers, Oppo 105
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Just ordered the MG944's
Reply #16 - 10/11/13 at 22:04:27

I recently picked up a pair of MG944, and I have to say, the 945 did catch my attention at the Decfest. I was trying not to notice them though...I mean, I just did pick up the 944....

But yeah, I kinda agree with Steve. The MTM design is very location specific for the sweet spot, and the sound was a bit more lively. I can't explain it any better than that, because, like I said...I tried not to notice. LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print