Decware Audio Forums
12/20/14 at 02:30:52

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
2013 DECFEST THREAD (Read 21095 times)
Auguie

Re: 2013 DECFEST THREAD
Reply #30 - 09/19/13 at 16:16:08

OK...got my reservations, having car maintained, and I'll be on the road Sat morning.  Can't wait to see everyone at the fest, and seeing/hearing all the new gear.  I was there last year and had a GREAT time.  I expect the same this year.

I'll see everyone around noon on Sat...OH BOY!!! Smiley

Dan

Decware SE84CS M Monoblocks & HDT Speakers; First Sound Presence Deluxe MK I Pre Amp; Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1/Oppo 971H (as transport for now); VPI Scout/Dynavector 10X5 Cart; Phonomena II Phono Pre; Magnum Dynalab FT101A Etude Tuner; XLO/Wireworld/Signal Cables.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #31 - 09/19/13 at 16:20:00

Brianne and I are coming down Friday afternoon, but we're going to play around in the city for a bit and come out later in the evening when the music starts to bloom.

We're staying in Peoria till at least early evening on SaturDay, but we have to be back home before morning as Brianne has a 5k the next morning.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 09/19/13 at 18:19:25

Raven, will you be bringing your updated Zen?

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #33 - 09/19/13 at 18:30:52

I can if you'd like! I was hoping it would sell by now...but since it hasn't, I'm just playing the snot out of it.   Grin

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 09/19/13 at 22:42:42

Or I could just get in my car and drive 10 minutes to your place  ;).  

I'd still like to stop by but a hall pass for anything related to hi-fi is meeting stiff resistance.  I am holding on to Zenfest weekend by the skin of my teeth.

Bring the amp if convenient or if you are just looking for feedback.  I'm sure you'd have some interest in it given the recent tuning.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #35 - 09/19/13 at 22:48:17

Open invitation to come on over for a listen. I don't have my room treatments finished, and I'm still working on speaker placement, but the sound is still enjoyable. The amp, speakers, cables, and my new Oppo BDP-105 are things I don't worry about in my signal chain. I just need to get my room dialed in better!

On the plus side, I was shocked last night by how much better the home theater was sounding with the room treatment I'm working on for the two channel setup. It surprised me last night, and I was just watching a TV show and I kept going "why does this sound so good tonight?!?" when I realized the only changes I made was QRD diffusers on the ceiling.  :)  I can hardly wait till I get some 1D diffusers built for the sides and front of the room - that and the Torii (for the extra db) and I'm all set!

Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #36 - 09/20/13 at 00:09:36

Quote:
Reply #29 - Today at 9:05am    Man, the stars have come into alignment... My schedule has changed and I will be able to make at least Friday night and Saturday!! I cannot wait! I have wanted to attend for years.

Now for the important question.. will the Imperials (in any form) be setup? How about the corner horns? I can only hope..

Thanks for hosting this and the great opportunity.  :)

The corner horns are always here along with a pair of Imperial SO, both architecturally integrated into the listening room.

WWW   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #37 - 09/20/13 at 16:29:47

Reply #28....leaked photo....you're killing me Steve. ...what a beautiful Amplifier. I do look forward to seeing it on the Website, reading your notes...and ordering it!  It is happening.  -S

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Reply #38 - 09/23/13 at 04:12:48

Fantastic Steve. I am stoked.   Smiley

Audio - The hobby of spending insane amounts to make a little improvement.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #39 - 10/06/13 at 18:19:01

Brianne and I got back late last night. She really enjoyed herself, Steve and family are very welcoming as always, and everyone we met this weekend were very nice.

Bri and I had a discussion on the long drive home; Steve's down to earth honesty comes through in his amps...the amps are "honest" with the music, and we were feeling that everyone who showed up are attracted to that honesty and are honest people themselves. It's a great group, and I felt right at home with everyone immediately, like we've been hanging out with them for years. I really wish we could have stayed another night, just to hang out and chat. I found that once people got their critical listening done, they spent very little time in the audio-chapel and simply enjoyed each others company. (at least till a really good tune presented itself, then everyone comes a runnin' LOL)

I've been away from high end audio for many years now (12+ I think), even had my zen amp shelved and only had home theater speakers and surround sound receiver to for many years. Picking up a set of MG944 and having my Zen amp souped up really brought my listening back to life. It's really something I missed. So I honestly don't know a lot about Steve's lineup, and the progression of amps over the years. I can say though, that the Torii MK IV and especially the Mystery amp simply sound amazing. Absolutely worth every penny...and that's coming from someone who really has trouble spending $1500 on a pair of speakers!

Sadly I really fell in love with the Mystery amp...so if someone needs lawns mowed or computers fixed, I'm for hire!  ;D

Thank you Steve and Family for putting up with us stomping around your shop and I'm sure making a mess of the place. And thank you all for being such great company! What a fantastic weekend, and I'm already looking forward to next year as well!

Auguie

Reply #40 - 10/07/13 at 02:23:48

Well, I got back from Decfest about an hour ago, after visiting with my in-laws in west/central Indiana.  Lots of time in the car to think and reminisce about the day I just spent at Steve's place.  Great music, great company, good food.  Wish I could have stayed longer.  Maybe next year.

Anyway, I was completely blown away by the Mystery Amp.  I think everyone else was too, as no one hooked up the mono blocks sitting on the table with the mystery amp (at least not that I saw).  I was also very impressed with the Rachel driving the HDT's.  Much more headroom than my Zen mono's, and deeper bass.  It looks like a Rachel is in my future, unless I come into lots of free money...then it's going to be a Mystery Wink  And finally, the mystery amp with Bob's HR1's was stunning!!!  I left the room mumbling about being able to afford an amp, not amp and speakers Embarrassed  I LOVE THIS HOBBY.  

Well, it's been a great weekend, and 4:30 comes very early in the morning, so I'll leave further comments for another time.  But not before thanking Steve, Devon, Bob, and ALL the Decware family for their hospitality.  Without this gathering, I for one would not get the opportunity to meet and interact with people that have the same love of music, and the desire to achieve reproduction in our homes at this level as I do.  Thanks for the Fest!!!

Dan

Decware SE84CS M Monoblocks & HDT Speakers; First Sound Presence Deluxe MK I Pre Amp; Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1/Oppo 971H (as transport for now); VPI Scout/Dynavector 10X5 Cart; Phonomena II Phono Pre; Magnum Dynalab FT101A Etude Tuner; XLO/Wireworld/Signal Cables.
  IP Logged
Cosmos
Verified Member

Reply #41 - 10/07/13 at 05:41:21

Steve, Devon and everyone else involved at Decware:

Thank you!!! The weekend was great and your hospitality was over the top. Don't know if I'll ever make it back, but I'd sure like to..

Dan

Audio - The hobby of spending insane amounts to make a little improvement.
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 10/07/13 at 15:53:05

It was fun meeting and talking to everyone. I could not stay too long both Friday and Saturday but I listen to what I needed to. I wanted to see what my headphones sounded like on the Taboo with the new lucid mode. It was awsome and now I need to save up and get it. I also found some new music to buy and listen to. Thanks to everyone and see you next year.
John

IP Logged
litefootdan
Verified Member

Reply #43 - 10/07/13 at 17:22:59

I can't express how nice Steve, Devon, and company are.  It is a special thing when such generous people open their home to any and all who are curious.  Thanks guys.  I wish I could have enjoyed it longer.

Oh yeah, did the tent blow over?!?!   Wink  

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 10/07/13 at 23:54:11

Wow, the feedback on the Mystery Amp is just AWESOME!  It seems like Steve hit ot out of the park and down the highway as well.

Also, the sleeper seems to be the 945 with the Passive Bass Cabs.

One of these days I'll make it there Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print