Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/18/14 at 00:37:55

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Non-audiophiles notice power treatment improvement (Read 10989 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Non-audiophiles notice power treatment improvement
Reply #90 - 05/28/14 at 18:32:17

I got the Furutechs for about fifty bucks, that's not TOO much. These fancy fuses make a difference in my main system and even in this one at Mom and Dad's.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #91 - 09/04/14 at 01:42:52

Well, I made two changes today.

After months of just running the excellent California Audio changer directly into the Torii Mk II, I reintroduced the CSP2. I removed it because I had only one free Cryoset Version 2 interconnect to use in the system and that interconnect almost achieved all the CSP2 might and I thought that there would be a bit of a transparency gain. Well maybe there was, i was very happy with the sound for some time.

But when I bought my second VooDoo Cable "Ultralinear" interconnect that freed up a second Cryoset Version 2 to use in this system, and I reintroduced the CSP2. Wow. Immediately my Dad, not knowing what I had done, said "I think all of a sudden the sound is richer." I'd agree.

I also had swapped out two Decware Silver Reference power cords from the system and replaced them with My Audio Cables Burly power cords. One runs from the wall to the PS Audio Duet, the other from the Duet to the Torii Mk III. I connected the CSP2 with one of the Decware Silver References freed from use. I know this has contributed to the "richness" as well as the dynamic contrast that I think I hear a bit more clearly on the right recordings.

Listening to Beethoven piano and cello duet recordings and they sound wonderful. And this is only a few hours into the change. Ah, it's nice to have a great system here.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #92 - 09/13/14 at 14:51:24

Just an update in this thread in correlation to my post about the KT66 tubes in the Mk III amps.

I decided to try cryo'd Tung-Sol KT66 in the Torii Mk II here at my parents system (well, all components except the cabinet are mine now) and am very pleased. They add that fullness and richness that the KT66 tube type brought to my home systems. I'm keeping them in. Dad didn't know I had made any changes as he was out of the room at the time and he remarked twice that the cds that were playing sounded really good. . . and asked me to turn it up a bit after that. Good sign!

My next thing to ponder is. . . should I bring over my older Torii Mk III from the second system and put that in place here. I listen more here than anywhere else, and why shouldn't I have my second best system here? I could also swap out the CSP2 preamp in use here at Dad's with the CSP2+ that is currently sitting in the closet at home. Should be an upgrade. I'll ponder that a bit.

« Last Edit: 09/13/14 at 15:00:13 by Lon »  

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 09/13/14 at 19:16:39

Hey Lon,

How would compare 5V4s with 5V3s?

Thanks,
Will

« Last Edit: 09/13/14 at 19:17:02 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #94 - 09/13/14 at 20:46:56

Will, they're similar but I haven't been able to compare directly, I only have one of one and a pair of the other.

« Last Edit: 09/13/14 at 20:53:21 by Lon »  

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #95 - 09/13/14 at 21:07:48

OK Thanks! I have been trying some 5V4s after one of your posts elsewhere. Interesting, with a little more forward, open and punchy midrange and more bass. I guess they may be putting a little more DC through??? I think I like them, but have to get them under my skin! 5U4G-STs have been my main tube so long!

« Last Edit: 09/13/14 at 21:08:20 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print