Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/28/14 at 23:47:03

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cable Burn in for Silver/Copper Interconnects (Read 649 times)
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Cable Burn in for Silver/Copper Interconnects
05/11/13 at 16:47:40

I have been doing some reading on cable burn for Silver and Copper interconnects.  

Is there any truth to the statement that Silver wires need a higher current to be properly burned in??  The reason for asking is that if I purchase a set of pure silver interconnects and use them with a turntable, or and ipod with low level voltage output , will the current ever be strong enough to burn in the Silvers properly.  I have heard that with Copper it's not a problem.

I know that I could easily swap out the turntable cable to another device to burn it in, but the iPod cable will be a problem.  

I had just received my MAC SilverQuad+ cable last night that Steve already burned in for me.  I will report back when I get a chance.  

I do have a separate CD made specifically for Speaker burn.....will that suffice for the cable as well?

Any input would be appreciated

Dom

« Last Edit: 05/11/13 at 16:48:24 by Dom »  
  IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Cable Burn in for Silver/Copper Interconnects
Reply #1 - 01/20/14 at 09:05:19

Get yourself a cable burner like the frybaby. Silver takes a longer time than copper ( so they say) but I dont really think you will find any data on the extra hours.

The burn in makes a huge difference since the voltage on the IC is pretty low and can take a long time. The frybaby is money well spent.

shreekant Smiley

84C, ZBox, Ex mod, Zkit4&5.1, Vcap, CCE, Lowthers, CD200, Power iso and other stuff
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print