Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/21/14 at 17:13:52

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
ZSB Rotary switch box-I'm excited! (Read 3128 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

ZSB Rotary switch box-I'm excited!
05/05/13 at 03:57:24

I just ordered one of the new ZSB's with a mono switch, to use with my newly modded ZP3 phono stage.

Steve is going to make me a minimalistic version, with only two inputs/two outputs and a mono switch.

Is anybody else planning on ordering one of the many versions of the ZSB?

It looks to be a very nice, well made unit, that can perform a variety of functions.

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: ZSB Rotary switch box-I'm excited!
Reply #1 - 05/05/13 at 05:23:04

Yes.....I am in as well !!  I decided to only add the beeswax capacitor as an upgrade.  The other additions I figure I can always add later if need be.  I am trying to keep the signal path as lean as possible.

Dom

« Last Edit: 05/05/13 at 07:55:41 by Dom »  
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/05/13 at 19:40:44

Anyone else buying, or thinking about buying the new ZSB rotary switch box?

Depending on the options you get, it has many different uses.

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/13 at 14:19:59

I am considering the switch. I already have three different Zektor switches of varying complexities, and they are outstanding. But the rotary would be a good solid heavy duty backup.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/07/13 at 17:24:00

Two weeks ago I talked to Steve about his new switch box (I'm getting the first one).  The thing that interests me,  is his primary design consideration.  Keeeping the signal path as pure, as clean, as possible.

Whichever of his options you add to the basic unit, will not detract from it's "nothing is in the way" signal path. 

He mentioned that he would wire a box with copper if someone requested it, but silver wire is standard.

Mike

IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 05/07/13 at 17:32:19

Pale Rider....I had been inquiring about the switch box for a while as well.  When I was configuring my ZStage....I originally requested a second set of inputs.  Steve discouraged me....indicating that his new switchbox would be the better choice due to a cleaner signal path.  

Depending on the configuration....it can be a very useful tool.  With me building a new system from scratch....the the switchbox will be perfect for my application as my system grows.  

Dom

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 05/07/13 at 17:51:03

Dom,  I like your idea of adding the beeswax cap to the switch box.  It's something I still might add to mine.

Mike

« Last Edit: 05/07/13 at 17:57:18 by tgarden »  
  IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #7 - 05/07/13 at 19:18:44

Mike....when I looked hard at configuring the ZSB...I weighed the options heavily.  Knowing I will have to buy a few more sets of good interconnects...that would add into the overall price.

Sonic clarity was my first priority....so the beeswax caps were a no brainer.  The other options weren't as important....esp. since I just ordered the ZStage.

If the cost is negligible for you...I would add it.  Just some food for thought.  

Dom

IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 05/07/13 at 21:34:43

It`s just what I need Mike. I`ll be able to hook up my tuner, cd, plus my other TT, and have a `tape in` to my Nak.
So with 2 inputs on the CSP2+, one can be dedicated to my main TT the other input will be fed from the new ZSB. Perfecto. The extra $100 for the cryo beeswax caps looks vg value for money.
Now, how many new i/c`s................

Oh, wait a tic...the other TT will have to go through the ZP3 so I`ll be using both outs on the ZSB, one for TT`s and one for the other gear.
I`ll have to do it as in the first instance and manually swop the decks i/c`s at the ZP3 to keep a spare `out` for `tape in`.....

time for the sketch pad  :)

« Last Edit: 05/07/13 at 22:19:10 by marky »  

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, CSP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DSC i/c`s, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s. Roksan Radius/Nima/high def cabl & M.Benz LP s , M/L aeon i`s, Townshend Isolda sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains sub
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 05/08/13 at 00:17:42

Dom and Marky, Yes, I'm going to go for the cryoed beeswax caps.  You've got me convinced.

For the sonic benefits of those caps (I have them in my ZSM mono's, and my ZP3 which will be back here Thursday), $100 is no big deal.

A bigger deal is buying extra sets of interconnects.

Mike

IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #10 - 05/08/13 at 05:03:33

Mike....right now MAC is running a few specials on their interconnects.  I know a few guys on the forum that use them, and feel they are a great bang for the buck (in addition to the Decware cables).

Here is their website......

http://www.myaudiocables.com/

I had ordered 1 set of the Quad+ a few days ago.  Steve is really good to work with and even offered to burn the cable in for me.  Before the special goes away...I am gonna order 2 sets of their UltraSilver+ cables.  

Hope this helps....

Dom

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 05/08/13 at 05:12:11

Dom,  Many thanks for the information on the MAC cables!  I'm going to call them tommorow, and may try a set.

Mike

IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #12 - 05/08/13 at 05:23:13

Your welcome.  FYI..he is running an audiogon special, which is $10 bucks cheaper than on his website.....

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/interconnects-mac-ultrasilver-sound-pipes-2013-...

I just emailed him and asked if he would honor the audiogon sale at the cheaper price...and that I would commit to 2 sets of cables.  Hopefully he will offer the discount. Smiley

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 05/08/13 at 14:02:55

MAC offers excellent value in cables. I have found that their cables of similar topology to the DSRs offer similar sonic characteristics.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 05/08/13 at 15:22:06

I noticed on the MAC cables (which I have no experience with) that he doesn't include Xhadow rca connectors until you reach the 600+ price point.  Decware silver reference cables with Xhadow rca connectors are roughly 350 and I can highly recommend them.  Just another example of how great of a deal all Decware products are.  Curious if anyone has done a side by side comparison with Xhadow connects on both?

JD

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print