Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/24/14 at 05:26:24

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Recommended Speakers That Can Be Used Nearfield? (Read 5852 times)
dias
Verified Member

Re: Recommended Speakers That Can Be Used Nearfield?
Reply #15 - 05/06/13 at 19:16:36

Jumping in to provide a quick response to the concern about single drivers and blues/rock music.  I listen to a lot of very dynamic rock music and can tell you that my system (Decware 34i.2+ & Orca Floorstanders) handles it very well.  I've had big Naim systems in the past, and the SET/single-driver system I have now makes me very happy.  Of course, it also sounds great on smaller scale acoustic stuff.  

I don't have experience with a ton of other single-driver speaker/SET systems.  I have no trouble believing that the "doesn't play rock music" reputation applies to certain models/combinations.  But I don't think it would be appropriate to pigeon-hole all single-driver/SET systems as being unsatisfactory for certain types of music.  Just as I wouldn't accuse all solid state/multi-driver sysems of being unable to play chamber music, etc.  

Cheers,

Blake

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 05/07/13 at 02:40:30

Quote:
PR,
Check here as well on the PranaWire site. Have not been able to confirm form them yet if they still sell them, but it's good info.

Hi PR,

Wow, forget about the Abbeys ... I'm saving up for the PranaWire Avatar II Power Cable it's quite the bargain at only $14,500 for a 1.0 meter cable.  I should have the money in about ... oh 20 years or so! And just think, it's only $4950 for each additional meter after that ... that's when the savings really kick in! Grin

« Last Edit: 05/07/13 at 04:49:11 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 05/07/13 at 03:03:13

Trust me, I know. Past the preposterous, and completely into the theater of the absurd.  While I think cables do matter, just how crazy it has gotten has been well documented. I am not saying that a $14k cable wont't make a difference, just not sure where the bread is under all that butter.

« Last Edit: 05/07/13 at 14:47:56 by Pale Rider »  

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Dom

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #18 - 05/07/13 at 05:55:11

I forget the forum member, but I remember him telling me he has the Blummenstein Audio Orcas and uses them in a near filed setup, and loved'em.  I had checked out their website and I have to say, I was intrigued.  

Here is a short YouTube video clip I found...

http://youtu.be/-TO0YEoKIAQ

« Last Edit: 05/07/13 at 05:58:31 by Dom »  
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 05/17/13 at 23:51:03

Speaking of Single Driver Speakers ... I just read an excellent review of the Omega Super 6 Alnico on Digital Audio Review... it scores the very first “Dar-KO award”.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 06/25/13 at 03:46:09

Quote:
PR,

Consider also the Cain & Cain Abbys now made by Lovecraft.

Hi PR, I just wanted to pass this along since these have both been mentioned within this thread... I was just on the Blumenstein Audio website and it looks as if they are now doing improvement work to the Cain & Cain speaker line.  Just thought this was interesting ... Cool

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 06/26/13 at 19:53:36

Another near-field-friendly concentric, on the more sensitive side (but need subs) are the JTR Single 8:

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/single-8ht/

IP Logged
cbauer210
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 10/02/13 at 23:03:49

I have a set of Klipsch Kg4's that I really like with this amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print