Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: The MYSTERY AMP !
Reply #540 - 01/15/14 at 15:56:43

The way I look at is that the transparency and accuracy of the Decware amps and preamps and sources allow one to hear these types of improvements with more clarity and certainty. I was the biggest skeptic several decades ago but really have found some fascinating results with stands and footers etc.

I think you'll be really impressed with the changes that these Herbie's products will bring.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #541 - 01/15/14 at 16:43:54

Nice pic's LR.  I think Lon is right, Decware ships on Tuesday's. So, I am hoping next Thursday or Friday...I get my ZMA. It is only a 2 or 3 day UPS ground trip to 23 miles north of Minneapolis from Peoria.

Anyway, I agree with Lon...you will become a convert. You just need a good front end (you do have)....good Amps (you do have)....which have the Transparency resolution to hear the improvements (DECWARE). Yup, a lot of them don't make sense. I just trust my ears.

I purposely used the stock power cord for 8 months on my CKC. Then, put in my 2nd XLO Pro Power Cord (I have the 1st one purchased on my Select). Just one variable at a time....just putting this cord in....the difference is more than subtle.

Oh, I wanted to acknowledge when you swapped cords and the ZMA kept playing. Steve said it stores CLEAN juice like a battery. I think this backs up that statement.    -Stone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #542 - 01/16/14 at 16:49:54

I got my Herbie's shipment last night (along with stuff from my other hobbies that I need to work on as well).

I didn't get any real listening time in last night, just more background listening. I threw all the Herbie's stuff on the ZMA at once, I figured I'd use it all for a few days, then remove it - as that usually gives me a better picture of what it was actually doing - *then* I'll add items one at a time and see what does what.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #543 - 01/16/14 at 17:21:51

Glad you got it. As Steve is in Houston and I was in Austin, I used to get stuff the day after I ordered it more often than not. Really neat!

I think you're going to hear the difference and appreciate it.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #544 - 01/16/14 at 17:45:20

How did you choose which dampers you wanted on each tube type?

cheers,

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #545 - 01/16/14 at 18:24:19

I asked Steve H for recommendations and went with what he suggested.

To save money, I put the Ultrasonic SS on the regulator tubes...I honestly find it hard to believe that vibrations in the regulation tube would affect anything, but I'll give it a try and see.

stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #546 - 01/16/14 at 19:14:29

Very nice LR, I will revisit this when I'm ready for some Herbie's. Thanks for posting this... .

Good news, I spoke with Sarah about some business and she checked on my ZMA....and Josh should be able to get it out today or tomorrow!
I like her!

My Torii IV has also made the build sheet...with my ZMA in Shipping.
What's not to like?!  Good people and good service.

-S

« Last Edit: 01/16/14 at 19:19:33 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #547 - 01/17/14 at 20:06:59

Just got off the phone with Steve - I had some questions of my own, and remembered to ask him about the Cryo status on the Amp Build Sheet.

You guys were right, he doesn't have the transformers cryo'd, it's the caps. He says they are specially made, just for this amp! So it's the Jupiter caps that are out for Cryo.

I still think it would be cool to try cryo vs non-cryo output transformers through. Smiley

Archie
Verified Member

Reply #548 - 01/18/14 at 01:27:02

In case anyone else is wondering, Steve told me that the ZMA draws about 150 watts max.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #549 - 01/18/14 at 04:26:32

Damnit, that was the other question I forgot to ask! LOL  I'm so forgetful and I don't like wasting Steve's time, so I'm on and off the phone with him quickly so he can get on to all the other ZMA in the queue.

Thanks for that info.

« Last Edit: 01/18/14 at 14:33:43 by Lonely Raven »  
Archie
Verified Member

Reply #550 - 01/18/14 at 17:29:13

Yeah, I know what you mean.  He is an Artist and a Master but also a business man.  So I figure he doesn't really mind so long as the information gets out there one way or another.  What he really needs is a clone!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #551 - 01/20/14 at 16:48:01

My ZMA ships today!

I looked up my Super Zen CKC Tracking number (11-14-12)....which took 2 business days to arrive (11-16). So, I expect it Wednesday by 5 pm.

It would have went out on Friday, but genius here, dropped his available credit below what was needed for the Amp. Sarah kindly called and I got it squared away and paid for on Friday....but missed their UPS guy/gal, at 4 pm when I called and took care of.

Anyway, TMI I know. I am just happy to finally get the ZMA. I will report back on Sunday, for those interested, after 3 or 4 days of initial Listening with 30 hours on it.

System for ZMA:

Room is 9' x 11'
Acoustically treated/Michael Greene Room Tunes & Home Brew 18" x 30" open filter panels = 18 of them.
System Tri-configured on floor (no rack) on flat shelves/on full carpeted room/floor underneath-concrete ...Townsend CD Seismic Sync under digital Audio Alchemy components ...XLO Pro Power Cord to ZMA ...Adcom AC-enhancer 515 ...all four components plugged into it...has sequential on off start & shut down

Sony DVD Player as Transport
Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro32 (Set at 20 bit dither)
i2s Prophecy Cryo Digital (sends music 20 bit dither signal separate from clock signal in which it also sends to DAC)
Audio Alchemy v3.0 DAC (dual ladder DACS-w/remote wand volume/adjustable voltage output/driving directly into ZMA)
Kimber Select 1030 interconnect coax/RCA
ZEN MYSTERY AMPLIFIER
Kimber Select 3035 Speaker Cable
Anthony Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1 Loud Speakers

-Stone

« Last Edit: 01/20/14 at 22:20:00 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #552 - 01/20/14 at 17:01:37

Congrats! Looking forward to your enthusiastic impressions.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #553 - 01/20/14 at 22:28:03

You bet, Lon.

Indeed, I now have two tracking numbers in hand (Tubes & Amp). Fortunately, I am only two days ground shipping away. So, getting her in out of the cold and in to my cozy warm Listening Room Wednesday evening...should be the story.    -S

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #554 - 01/20/14 at 22:31:43

You know, wouldn't that make an interesting access cable channel show? Audiophiles receiving amps or speakers or sources or cables they've waited weeks or months for and watching them unpack, install, those agonizing first moments of listening full of excitement tinged with worry. . . will this be what they expected? will it be worth the wait and the expense?

Most of the populace would slap their thighs with laughter at those silly nuts and their ridiculous toys. But a select few would watch and think to themselves. . . "I'm not alone."

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 01/20/14 at 22:32:55 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74
Send Topic Print