08/31/14 at 03:18:36

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
ZOB build (Read 2925 times)
tom.gnade
Verified Member

Re: ZOB build
Reply #15 - 04/28/13 at 18:04:07

Waste from the 4x8 sheet. There is just enough to replace one of the larger panels if I blow it somehow.

image_2.jpeg
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #16 - 04/28/13 at 19:23:55

Tom, It's easy to see that you got this right! I'm glad to see it done that way. Good material and good tools will pay in the end. I know what you mean about that one long cut with a 6 degree angle, or something like that. It was a bit of a challenge for me too. The clamp I wanted to use was just short of what I needed, so I was stuck with a sabre saw, and then carefully finish up to the line with a sander. Now, you get to use your imagination again when it comes to glue up with panels that are not cut at 90 degree angles. I used inside brackets to help hold the panels in place. Worked out ok, but again line up was still a challenge. As you already know, placing slats for your gaps will be of great help in maintaining  correct gaps. You can use good tape to hold the slats in place. Keep up with the photos, and don't rush it, think it through.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #17 - 09/26/13 at 15:18:08

Were there any finished pictures of this project?

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print