09/16/14 at 08:31:41

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Decware Community (Read 2009 times)
Finch
Verified Member

Re: The Decware Community
Reply #15 - 03/28/13 at 21:40:40

Thanks all, Lon yeah I have read about your experience liking the PWD so much, That's why I just don't want to kick myself later for not getting it. It would be fun to get the DAC II and split the rest up great tubes and maybe try out the midbass module like you said DBC. If it wasn't for the great deal on the PWD, I wouldn't even question it. I would have already got the DAC2. Lon do you stream with your PWD or are you hardwired in. The bridge comes with the one I would be getting so that is a big factor too.

Also do you guys use any software fore digital like JRiver or Audirvana?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 03/28/13 at 22:53:31

Mine does not have the Bridge, and I use it in conjunction with my PWT for Redbook and a few hi res files burned onto DVD-R in wav, I don't have  DVD burner and haven't been making my own, most of my music listening is Redbook or vinyl with some SACD used on occasion (via my Denon DCD-A100). The PWT uses one of the HDMI inputs, my Blu-ray player is connected via the coaxial input and my DVR is connected via the Optical. Great sound for all three sources, unbelievable sound actually compared to the sound in the past.

Despite trying and a lot of urging I haven't caught the computer audio bug at all. Just not something I see myself doing, so I bought my PWD without the Bridge, finally updated it to Mk II and I'm set. Sounds like you have a great deal on the PWD with Bridge.

« Last Edit: 03/28/13 at 22:55:03 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 03/28/13 at 22:56:23

I think it was 2 years ago over Christmas I went up to Decware to listen to some of Steve's gear. Just happened there was another fellow there with his Oppo BDP-83SE, same model as mine. This was Oppo's first unit with the Special Edition upgraded audio output.

Over 4 hours and I think we played every amp and speaker combination that Steve had. Just the three of us it was very interesting and a lot of fun. Steve is a great host.

I remember driving home late that night thinking the Oppo for the price really held it's own compared to the other front end equipment I listened to a Decware.

Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CKC amp, Klipsch RF-7 mains, HSU MBM-12 MK2 mid bass module, HSU ULS-15 sub
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 03/28/13 at 22:59:22

Cool. When I heard the OPPOs I have heard I was using the Sony SACD-XA5400ES and I felt it had better sound than the OPPOs for Redbook and SACD; I already had an excellent Sony ES Blu-ray player, and I don't do digital files, so I wasn't impressed with OPPO along those lines and the sound was more "clinical" than I like on cd and SACD compared to the Sony.

My PWD bested the Sony and I eased into music in a way I hadn't before, so I'm happy and set.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print