Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/03/14 at 05:48:02

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii MKIII first impressions (Read 795 times)
bmoze
Verified Member

Torii MKIII first impressions
03/25/13 at 18:46:15

Iíve had the Torii MKIII for a few weeks now. †I was of course looking forward to listening to it, but also maybe a bit skeptical that I would hear a big difference from my prior amp (solid state monoblocks). †Skepticism misplaced. †Big difference; immediately apparent. †The Torii provides a clarity and tonal richness that Iíve never heard before in my system. †Very satisfying. †The bass, treble, and bias controls are also very cool and work as Steve describes. †FWIW, I had been wondering if the 25 watts would be enough for my speakers (91 db Golden Ear Triton Twos with built-in subs in a largish room), but I reach comfortable listening levels at about step 5 (!) on the 20-step attenuator.
Thanks Decware for a fine product and great service.

« Last Edit: 03/25/13 at 18:48:01 by bmoze »  
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Torii MKIII first impressions
Reply #1 - 03/25/13 at 19:06:06

B, So glad that the amp IMMEDIATELY impressed you. That's just the beginning. Years in my Torii STILL amazes me how it responds to music material, tube-rolling, isolation components, power treatment--it is such a wonderful musical tool.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print