Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/29/14 at 04:13:54

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What are you pairing your CSP2 with(nonheadphones) (Read 1073 times)
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

What are you pairing your CSP2 with(nonheadphones)
02/23/13 at 17:09:48

Just curious as to what amps are you guys pairing with the csp2?
Thank you

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: What are you pairing your CSP2 with(nonheadphones)
Reply #1 - 02/23/13 at 19:10:56

Ricardo,

I'm pairing a CSP2+ (soon two of them) with my Torii Mk III in my main system. And in my second system I'm using a CSP2 with my Torii Mk II. I used that CSP2 in the past with my SE34 Monoblocks (no longer a catalog item) and my SE34I.2.

Love these preamps! (And I have never hooked up headphones to one).

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/23/13 at 21:16:14

I have used my CSP2+ with a ZENSE84C+, a MINI TORII, a TABOO, an SE34I.3 and a TORII MK III.

With the ZEN it can coax out a bit more weight and body. With the MINI TORII it gives greater control over the sound, taming the hair trigger gain of the little amp.  The premap makes the TABOO seem like a whole different amp. It is also useful in controlling the sound of the SE34I.3 and TORI MK III.

I would label a CSP2+ "INDISPENSABLE."

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/24/13 at 07:19:09

Thanks.
I would love to hear you all, lets share it Wink

On the side note, i think i will pair it with a Solid state amp. Looking at the output impedance of the csp2 of only less then 60ohm, the preamp should work with any power amp. Anything to worry between 32kohm and 100kohm input impedance from two different amps? Would one be more preferable over the other based on input impedance?
Also the standard tubes used, Steve mentioned that is the warmest. Just curious as to what does exactly mean warm? I know some people have different interpretation with the word warm in audio, but to me warm in audio has to do with how the midrange is produced, with a little body and thickness in my dictionary. Would like to hear you guys opinion.

« Last Edit: 02/24/13 at 14:50:57 by Ricardojoa »  
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/26/13 at 15:05:28

I am pairing my CSP2+ with a Torii III and I could not be happier... allows fine tuning of sound on a song by song basis.

JD

IP Logged
Longbowbbs

Life is a journey,
not a guided tour.

Reply #5 - 08/02/13 at 02:39:57

CSP2+ into a Taboo MK III....It is a great combo for the DM945's! It is also a killer combo for the HD800 headphones.

Upgradeus Interruptus
MacMini,W4S DAC-2 DSDse,Denon DVD-5900, Decware CSP2+, Taboo MK III, Sennheiser HD800's, DM945's, DefTech Supercube 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware
  IP Logged
roncagg
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/09/13 at 01:44:27

First Watt F4 - no voltage gain, current gain only, 25 watts, so it's like listening to the preamp directly driving the speakers (Zu Omens), sounds fantastic! Class A solid state to match the class A SET of the CSP2, a great match and quite interesting when you think about it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print