08/25/16 at 10:44:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which contact cleaner? (Read 64 times)
Mark
Seasoned Member

Which contact cleaner?
02/20/13 at 15:19:30

I was wondering what the best spray contact cleaner was for my Zen triode volume pot... I'm getting a little scratchiness in the control, and I wanted to make sure I got the best thing for my amplifier...

I was looking at the Caig line of 'DeoxIT' products... But they have a lot of different products that makes it a little confusing... I have mild oxidation, so I need a little flushing with the cleaning...

Anyone?... Preferably with a good deal of experience in the issue... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Which contact cleaner?
Reply #1 - 02/20/13 at 15:51:42

My Torii was doing the same thing. I asked Steve about it, and he said to clean it with DeoxIT, which I did. The spray I used is DeoxIT DN5 contact cleaner.

What I did: unplug the amp while it was playing music to drain the caps.

Removed the base.

Sprayed in Deoxit into the volume pot from the sides....(can't recall, but I don't think I had to take anything apart...just spray in and work the volume knob back and forth).

« Last Edit: 02/20/13 at 15:54:22 by will »  

PSA P5/mod'd Brickwall/Shunyata Defender/other cleaners, MacMini/Audirvana>Tranquility DAC/linear USB, DIY and Pi Audio PCs, VHAudio DIY ICs, Jupiter CSP3, Torii MKIV, DIY Speaker Cables, HR1...Madscientist, SynRes, BDR, Archie's, Herbie's isocup feet, dampers etc
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Re: Which contact cleaner?
Reply #2 - 03/13/13 at 02:33:53

Follow up:  Used this product, and I can't say enough about it... Perfect solution, pun intended... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print