Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/24/14 at 15:59:30

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Excellent Promo on PS Audio PWD (Read 15840 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Excellent Promo on PS Audio PWD
Reply #75 - 03/25/13 at 23:00:02

I wouldn't say I have 'no interest' as much as I have no need, and don't need the much touted 'mobility' and 'convenience' of digital files. The truth of the matter is that the PWD Mk II makes Redbook sound otherworldly in comparison to other sources I've known, and when I want to go beyond that I have about 150 SACDs and when I want the highest fidelity I have my vinyl playback.

Truly I'd love to have hi-res discs to pop into the PWT, the few that I have are AMAZING. I just don't have a way to have them in my hand other than buying a few available (and not necessarily the music I want) at exorbitant prices. One day perhaps I'll get the hardware and the neural pathways in my brain to do so, but it's low on my priority as I have such a bounty of material to enjoy (even if half of it is now in boxes!)

It's only the hi-res material that interests me, I'm not iPodding or iTuning and not sharing via cloud, etc.

If I were anyone else I'd say sure, why not have DSD in an expensive excellent DAC if they start becoming prevalent and even a trickle of interesting music is available in this file format.

« Last Edit: 03/25/13 at 23:01:08 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: Excellent Promo on PS Audio PWD
Reply #76 - 03/25/13 at 23:42:34

Hey beowulf, it's the tube-rolling that gets in the way of the music, not the equipment swaps. Grin

Anyway, yeah, I still get to listen, thank goodness. I also agree with your opening observation. At this juncture, a semi-big ticket DAC like the PWD should have DSD just as a competitive check-box.

And Lon, yes, I wish the material availability was much better.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print