Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/02/14 at 13:40:46

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
DRIVERS for the DNA Horn (Read 16589 times)
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: DRIVERS for the DNA Horn
Reply #30 - 08/05/13 at 00:23:52

Dan,

Can you explain a little about the worlds worst...I.E. Too much bass? No Bass? What happened?

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #31 - 08/06/13 at 02:53:30

Zygi

It wasn't the bass, as I'm using a sub and too much / not enough bass from the DNA's probably wouldn't even be noticed unless it was causing a conflict somehow.  It just sounded bad.  I noticed immediately that I didn't like it, and that's pretty unusual for me (I usually can't tell the difference).   It may have been a range of frequencies that were too loud or too quite, possibly too loud as its very possible it sounded tinny.  I didn't spend much time listening to them.  I've had those same speakers in other cabinets with moderate to good success (if I ever had superior success with them, they would still be in those cabinets) but they did not do well in the DNA.

So, why use a folded horn design if you are not all that interested in bass output I hear you thinking.  The design makes a difference in how the speaker sounds in the non-bass range too.  My best sounding speakers are a bigger set of back loaded folded horn design with the Dayton 8" full range speakers.

Dan

IP Logged
Morris
Verified Member

Reply #32 - 01/13/14 at 19:46:43

Anyone tried Vifa ne149? If so, how does it perform in the DNA?

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 02/24/14 at 18:14:49

BTW, I have a set of the Tang Band, W5 1880's for sale.  See the classifieds.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
Cliff
Verified Member

Reply #34 - 06/01/14 at 02:34:53

Steve Deckert,

I have been considering the E.J. Jordan EIKONA 2 driver for a horn loudspeaker project.

Do you think it could work in your DNA Horn?

Cliff Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print