Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/30/14 at 18:31:00

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Question on the new HR-1 Loudspeakers (Read 3361 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Question on the new HR-1 Loudspeakers
Reply #15 - 01/29/13 at 05:51:19

Quote:
After emailing back and forth with Bob about his "baby," I pulled the trigger last night. It came down to a pair of the Teresonic Ingenium, for which I had all but written the check, or the HR-1. I doubt I would be unhappy either way, but I also believe I chose wisely. Lord knows my wallet thinks so.

@PR

Not enought speakers in your house already with the ERR sextet?   Smiley

« Last Edit: 01/29/13 at 05:51:43 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 01/29/13 at 14:38:23

beowulf poked:

Quote:
Not enough speakers in your house already with the ERR sextet?  

Exactly what my girlfriend said: "I think you need more speakers Sweetheart." NOT! Wink

Anyway, my plan is to put one ERR set in the master bedroom, and depending on how good the HR-1s are with phantom center channel [trying it with the ERRs left me a little flat, so I am not super optimistic], I would give a second set to my eldest daughter who just bought her first house.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #17 - 01/29/13 at 14:46:25

Greg, there's a good chance the HR-1 will work better than the ERR in that scenario due to the more conventional sonic presentation aspect created by the front-firing drivers.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Reply #18 - 01/29/13 at 15:14:40

The HR-1 does do a locked in center image even when sitting way off axis. I am in the process of trying to get together a surround set up consisting of only 4 HR-1's using phantom center and if the processor will do it distributing the subwoofer over the 4 speakers "phantom sub?". The deep bass impact the HR-1 has (2 of them) at least in my rooms is so good that four of them should be explosive. I'm not a big "blowem up" type movie viewer but I do appreciate the big impact sounds from effects in various movie genre when needed to convey realism and an immersive experience.

Greg, I look forward to your impressions of HR-1. Let us know when they are on the way. I'll gladly walk you through breakin period. This will be fun.

Hi-Fi Gear: More than I need! Not as much as I want!
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 01/29/13 at 21:51:15

Lon said:
Quote:
Greg, there's a good chance the HR-1 will work better than the ERR in that scenario due to the more conventional sonic presentation aspect created by the front-firing drivers.

And Chris reinforced that:
Quote:
The HR-1 does do a locked in center image even when sitting way off axis. I am in the process of trying to get together a surround set up consisting of only 4 HR-1's using phantom center and if the processor will do it distributing the subwoofer over the 4 speakers "phantom sub?". The deep bass impact the HR-1 has (2 of them) at least in my rooms is so good that four of them should be explosive. I'm not a big "blowem up" type movie viewer but I do appreciate the big impact sounds from effects in various movie genre when needed to convey realism and an immersive experience.

Lon and Chris, that makes sense, and it is one of the things I wondered about. I didn't post about it here, but I had a pair of servo subs built using Rhythmik Audio woofers and power amps in custom enclosures designed to mate and match the ERRs. Fast, deep, clean. I am not an LFE addict, but good LFE can enhance the cinematic experience. Try out the Inception BluRay with a good sub, or the Titanic re-release. Amazing. And my ERRs were not lacking in the bass. But when I also connected one of the subs to the regular outputs of the Ultra, the lower octave opened up beautifully. It is now much harder for me to listen to the ERRs without the sub, without feeling like I am missing something. That is especially true on good organ works, and some of the Stanley Clarke and Renaud Garcia-Fons. They sound better with a properly matched sub.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print