Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/21/14 at 16:46:32

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
NEW LCD2 Headphone amplifier coming soon. (Read 17468 times)
Landmantx
Verified Member

Re: NEW LCD2 Headphone amplifier coming soon.
Reply #75 - 03/19/13 at 17:53:33

I have yet to hear the Taboo MK3 with the CSP2+, but I can say that the Taboo 2 has far more authority and command with the pre-amp at the expense of a large amount of added warmth. Now, I only heard the combo at a meet, so I haven't explored it in that much detail.  To my untrained ears it made the HD800 sound almost exactly like the LCD3 sounds over a quality SS amp. Depending on your preferrences, that could be good or bad. Nick Dangerous preferred the CSP2+ alone with his HD800's even after hearing them together.  I preferred them together as I like a more warm "tubey" sound and enjoyed the raw horsepower of the combo at the expense of finesse. I went ahead and bought Franks Taboo to keep it in the Decware, Head-fi family and to give me maximum flexiblity. I will not speak for Frank, as I don't want to spoil his coming review, but I believe he is not of the opinion that the Taboo 3 is the "one amp to rule them all" that we all hope to someday find at a price we could afford of course.  Go figure, that is why this hobby is so frustrating.  I think once again it is all going to be about pairings, and with the right ones this amp is going to sing.  That said, he did imply that he is planning to add one to his collection though  :)

Taboo MK3
CSP2+
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #76 - 03/19/13 at 19:38:21

Don't know how you feel about rolling tubes, but you can make pretty powerful changes in the quality and quantity of "warmth" with Decware's revealing, clean and simple designs.

I have no CSP2+ but understand that it is shipped "warm" since most prefer it that way, and even exploring only the front tube can make a big difference in the feeling of the pre and whatever follows.

« Last Edit: 03/19/13 at 19:39:13 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-6, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
MoNelly
Verified Member

Reply #77 - 03/20/13 at 06:35:36

Hey Steve,

What's the headphone output impedance on the new Taboo?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Longbowbbs

Life is a journey,
not a guided tour.

Reply #78 - 04/14/13 at 05:04:00

Couple of Taboo MK III pics...

[/URL]

Upgradeus Interruptus
MacMini,W4S DAC-2 DSDse,Denon DVD-5900, Decware CSP2+, Taboo MK III, Sennheiser HD800's, DM945's, DefTech Supercube 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print