Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/20/14 at 21:32:06

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SuperZen transformer hum? (Read 1441 times)
MoNelly
Verified Member

SuperZen transformer hum?
12/30/12 at 03:45:01

Hey all,

I recently acquired a lightly used SuperZen. It sounds amazing in my near field setup, but I eventually noticed a slight hum. I chatted with Steve, and later ruled out bad tubes or a ground loop. The hum seems to be coming from the amp itself. I plugged it into an isolation transformer, but no change.

I'm wondering if I'm just being overly sensitive since the amp is so close to my chair. Do any other owners of the amp hear a slight hum/buzzing from the amp itself?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: SuperZen transformer hum?
Reply #1 - 12/30/12 at 13:42:49

Do you mean mechanical hum/noise? I have none of that with mine. I don't hear any tube hum, either. Keep looking into it.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 12/30/12 at 15:57:07

I also have a hum coming from the transformer as well as a low buzzing coming out of the speakers. Not sure if this is the norm. I didn't have this with my last tube amp. I do like the amp, would just like to loose the hum n buzz.

IP Logged
MoNelly
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/30/12 at 20:51:43

Thanks for the response, guys. Seems like it's hit or miss on the hum/buzz with this amp. I may just need to send it back to Steve for a look.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/31/12 at 00:09:18

My SuperZen is very quiet. I have no hum.

IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/01/13 at 17:04:20

Ok gang, i got rid of the hum in the transformer! I had a Rel sub connected to my amp using the Neutrik Speakon hook up and that was causing hum in both the S zen and the sub. Now i have the sub connected to my idecco dac instead and things r much better. Not sure if that is defeating the purpose of Neutrik connection but i don't see any alternative. Happy New Year!  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print