Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/02/14 at 13:25:35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Loudness imbalance in speakers: (Read 6584 times)
Mark
Seasoned Member

Re: Loudness imbalance in speakers:
Reply #45 - 11/28/12 at 21:54:36

Will: If I get the MGs, I'll probably opt for the Decware speaker cables... Perhaps Steve will give me a break on the lot...

What I have now is a pair of "Blue Heaven knock-offs"... Solid silver wire strapping, 20 conductor, 10 for each terminal... They're pretty good, really... Only 6.5 ft.  I'll need more than that if I play around with speaker placement...

Note: I do want to convey that I am very pleased with the sound of the Zen Triode and Zen CDP... Great sound... Esp. with the Tang Band speakers... So, I may just go ahead with making the stands for now... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 11/28/12 at 23:04:44

Mark,

I think making the stands is a great idea. Since you already have system synergy, the efficiency of the horns has got to be a good thing. And by being able to move around and toe the speakers, say in the corner area, I bet everything will get pretty satisfying fast.

Sounds like interesting cables. So far I keep returning to Zen Styx with my 994s and HR-1s.

I am breaking in a pair of Morrow SP6 I got a good price on, to test now. No idea, but some SP4s I tried sounded quite good to me once they finally broke in (600+ hours!!!!) and I tuned the system to their sound. They do seems to successfully solve smearing, but with warmth. Not recommending them yet, but.....

The styx had notably more flow, but also, I could hear the smearing from the thick stranded cable. After I got used to it again, it sounds great, the smoothing not being offensive in any way, being quite musical. The silver on copper gives quite a nice blend of detail and warmth too.

I bet your cable sounds very clean.

« Last Edit: 11/28/12 at 23:07:09 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 11/28/12 at 23:17:11

Will: Yes, very clean... I was toying with the idea of making my own speaker cables out of solid silver wire, leaving them bare, and just seperating the two conductors with small wooden tubes, with cotton string run through to hold the whole thing together... Air being the best dialectric outside of a total vacuum...  (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 11/28/12 at 23:39:26

Sounds very interesting. What about the silver tarnishing!

I made ICs from VHaudio silver formula, and they are really good. Here the silver comes with a cotton sleeve on it, you wrap them with a specific turn onto soft teflon tubing, and finally wrap the whole in teflon plumbers tape. Pretty slick design including ways to deal with dielectric while being protected.

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 11/28/12 at 23:51:11

Will: Silver tarnish, unlike copper, is conductive... So it shouldn't make any difference...

Teflon is very good for wrapping wires... I think the best would be cotton braiding... Just silver wire, and cotton braiding to cover...

Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321012966274?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m...

BTW, may buy a set of these soon... (m.)

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #50 - 11/29/12 at 00:09:07

Those are a cool design! Let us know if you try them.

IP Logged
Robbls
Verified Member

Reply #51 - 12/05/12 at 08:46:16

Talk about with friends

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print