Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/30/16 at 02:57:15 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Ingress Audio - Bearing Isolation Roller Blocks (Read 1390 times)
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Re: Ingress Audio - Bearing Isolation Roller Blocks
Reply #75 - 02/25/14 at 01:36:01

LOL

I am using the clear iso cups with the base and the cheap lampblack balls.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #76 - 02/25/14 at 01:58:56

I have the clear bases with the high end base in my second system now. The differences between the balls are subtle, but real, the gemstone balls really do seem to subtly influence the sound the way that Steve Herbelin has described them. The black base sounds about the same as the clear base with the high-end base. I have had fun experimenting with the different gemstone balls, I've tried about four. I use the Mexican Agate under my PPP, the Deep Moss Quartz with all the other bases.

Decware:HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III;PS Audio PWT+DS,P10,PowerBases,AC-12 power cords;Denon DVD-A1UDCI,Rega RP3,TTPSU,white belt, Groovetracer upgrades and+Exact2;VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius+Cremona,Iso-Pods; Mapleshade:Dble Helix Plus,Samson v2+3;Oppo PM-1 headphone
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #77 - 02/25/14 at 01:59:57

I am going to get some. Thanks Lon.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #78 - 05/03/16 at 14:24:09

I've been using the Roller Blocks under my speakers. My speakers reside up near the wall just sitting on their bases when not in use or when in use when my wife is around (not ideal sonically). When I get a listening session I bring them out three to five feet from the front wall anyplace them on Ingress Engineering Roller Blocks. I've been using the steel ball bearings for a few years. I have four ceramic bearings Ingress sent me that sound a tad better (a tiny bit warmer and clearer) but I don't have enough to put under both speakers. My big pleasure in the Delrin platter I bought for my Rega turntable made me think to try Delrin 3/8" bearings, and I'm on my second day now and do like them. They close the gap a bit between digital and analog, and add a bit of warmth to analog. They are the opposite I think of the direction that Ingress and other roller block makers move, that is they are softer than steel, rather than harder than steel which the manufacturers seem to think is the route to better fidelity. Well, these Delrin bearings may color things a tiny thin hair, but that's what we are mostly doing with tubes and isolation components etc.: subtly coloring things as we like them. Anyway Delrin bearings are cheap and if you use roller blocks they are worth experimenting with.

Decware:HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III;PS Audio PWT+DS,P10,PowerBases,AC-12 power cords;Denon DVD-A1UDCI,Rega RP3,TTPSU,white belt, Groovetracer upgrades and+Exact2;VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius+Cremona,Iso-Pods; Mapleshade:Dble Helix Plus,Samson v2+3;Oppo PM-1 headphone
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print