Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/02/14 at 06:05:05

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Ingress Audio - Bearing Isolation Roller Blocks (Read 13004 times)
rockn
Verified Member

Re: Ingress Audio - Bearing Isolation Roller Blocks
Reply #30 - 11/27/12 at 16:17:52

Thanks OC, I'll do that.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #31 - 11/28/12 at 23:03:00

Received mine today. Very well made product. Sound is similar to the homemade roller situation I was using, if a bit brighter. Very open mid-range and sweet top end, where my setup differs is that there is a bit more of a lower midrange bloom that I am used to and dare say right now prefer. I need to play around with placement though.

My homemade solution cost me a total of 24 dollars, this cost 138 altogether. The problem with my homemade solution is that if you bump the speaker a bit it's all over, you have to do the set up again, a few minutes of not so much fun. As my best male friend and frequent listening and viewing partner struggles with cerebral palsy and needs a wide berth to get around due to the way my place is set up about one in twenty times he passes by they get bumped off their setup. I don't believe this will be the case with the Ingress items. Which will be nice, he'll be less embarrassed (though he shouldn't be) and I'll spend less time messing with the roller blocks.

Not sure I would use these under components, but I think they'll be nice under the speakers once I get them situated. Thanks for the tip.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 11/29/12 at 00:15:14

Nice report Lon. Very interesting, as my low range tends to lean toward being a bit to heavy and even a tad muddy at times. The isolation bearings have proven to be excellent in this regard. They really tightened up the bass in my room.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #33 - 11/29/12 at 01:17:55

Well, I have an opposite problem, quite a lively room and bass has always been the thing i seek rather than temper. That said, these blocks have seated themselves in the carpet a bit more and I'm getting a little more of what I need. I think when I can I'll order another set and try that under my PS Audio Perfectwave Transport. I have to stack that on top of my Perfectwave DAC Mark II and I did have both of them on Herbie's Audio Lab Iso-Cups (with deep moss balls and the high-end bases) but recently found that the Transport sitting directly on top of the DAC with the feet removed it sounds almost identical, so I removed the Iso-Cups between them (they actually are made to be stacked this way if desired, there are five felt circles, one at each corner and one in the center, and there are little lips that fit over the wooden tops of each unit and secure the two together nicely). Between these two units would be a nice place to try these Roller blocks.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 11/30/12 at 06:11:17

Lon, the tungsten carbide bearings are supposed to deliver extreme low bass impact and definition and even less edginess. Not sure if it worth trying them or not.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #35 - 11/30/12 at 11:22:28

Interesting, Would be worth experimenting with sometime.

I found a speaker positioning that is nice, and I'm quite happy with the sound. All that I had with my homemade version and a bit more, plus more stable.

« Last Edit: 11/30/12 at 11:23:16 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #36 - 11/30/12 at 12:37:05

I'm living dangerously and ordered another set, will use it either under my PWD Transport or DAC Mk II.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #37 - 11/30/12 at 13:12:57

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #38 - 11/30/12 at 14:12:04

Thanks Donnie. You're right, they're not cheap. I notice that Mike was at an audio show and was featuring ceramic balls as well, which makes sense as some claim some of these are harder still.

Right now very happy with the standard balls. It's not low bass impact I seek as much as it's a bit of mid and low bass emphasis perhaps. . . . But with a new speaker location the sound is pretty much tonally where i want it now. My homemade set up provided a bit more of this emphasis which didn't dull dynamics but did cloud detail just a smidgeon, which can be a good thing with most of the recordings I spin, but it's a fine line a lot of the time. Quite happy with these roller blocks, and the set up won't fall apart if bumped as my other set up does.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #39 - 11/30/12 at 14:27:15

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #40 - 11/30/12 at 15:26:58

Yes, they are.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 11/30/12 at 15:36:57

Mike sells the tungsten carbide bearings for $12 each. Symposium claims nothing is better and ceramic is very poor in comparison.

That's great you found a sweet spot Lon.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 11/30/12 at 16:22:24

How many are there for 65C?

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #43 - 11/30/12 at 16:30:10

A set of three.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 11/30/12 at 16:51:23

Are you using three under each speaker and finding it stable?

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print