Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/30/14 at 18:51:37

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Ingress Audio - Bearing Isolation Roller Blocks (Read 14228 times)
rockn
Verified Member

Re: Ingress Audio - Bearing Isolation Roller Blocks
Reply #15 - 11/25/12 at 19:20:56

Its both channels. This is only my second tube amp so im not sure. Im assuming the tubes that came with it r the best choice.

IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 11/25/12 at 19:29:27

Ok cool, thanks OC. Do u have any problem with any hum from your speakers with the tori? Was wondering since we have the same speakers.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #17 - 11/25/12 at 19:33:08

rockn wrote on 11/25/12 at 19:20:56:
Its both channels. This is only my second tube amp so im not sure. Im assuming the tubes that came with it r the best choice.

Interesting. . . well I have a little hum coming from my speakers but I have to be very close to them to hear it, and I generally don't hear it. Doesn't intrude or bother me.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 11/25/12 at 20:20:39

The Zu's have a very high efficiency of 101dB so you will hear a bit of hum, but even so, I have to be literally right at the speaker to be able to hear it. There is a slight transformer hum at Torri itself.

I have had two bad tubes that caused audible hum, hissing from the speakers but it was easy to pin point as it was only one channel, so I could swap tubes from one side to the other until I found the culprit.

What is your audio path? Try starting over with just the amp connected to the speakers and then start adding components one at a time. Also, plug everything in the same circuit if you can.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 11/25/12 at 21:01:05

Could it be the tube in the iDecco? Since it has just one tube, you would hear it in both channels?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #20 - 11/25/12 at 21:04:49

Good point.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 11/25/12 at 21:09:19

I posted earlier that when i power up the idecco, thats when the hum comes into play. It is audible when I'm right on top of it. Not that big a deal. I'll try some things as the days go by. Amp is breaking in nicely, had a good listening session Sat night, before i knew it it was 3:00am! Thanks guys.

IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 11/25/12 at 21:15:34

Most of the time i have the tube in the idecco powered off as this sounds better at times. Would it still be audible powered off? Something i could look into and maybe upgrade the tube while I'm  at it.

IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #23 - 11/26/12 at 20:17:29

After reading this post again, I apologize for getting off the subject. But I am putting in my order today with Ingress Audio!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #24 - 11/26/12 at 20:23:58

Hey, the way I look at it, these are conversations and they aren't always just strictly on topic!

I wish I had the answer about your hum. Perhaps Steve might have some advice, it's worth calling about.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 11/27/12 at 00:45:14

Cool, can't wait to hear your impressions.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 11/27/12 at 03:15:05

Rockn, just in case you order what I have, please note I ordered 1/4-20 threads because I use adapters thread adapters for my Zu's. I believe the Zu's come with 3/816 threads.

IP Logged
rockn
Verified Member

Reply #27 - 11/27/12 at 05:26:53

OC, not sure i follow you, what are adapter thread adapters? Should i just go with 3/8 instead of 1/4 thread? I did mention you & the superflys and Mike said 1/4 thread. I think i better call him back.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #28 - 11/27/12 at 12:00:23

Still waiting on mine, shipped November 12.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 11/27/12 at 15:40:02

You need 3/8-16 (check Zu's website to be sure). I ordered 1/4-20 because I have some adapters that I needed to use with some other footers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print