Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/24/16 at 14:43:17 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I'm now drinking the Kool-aid (Read 211 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: I'm now drinking the Kool-aid
Reply #15 - 11/16/12 at 23:14:22

Wow, I'm really happy with how my stereo sounds now. Who would have thought that a silly looking piece of wire could make such a difference.
Last night I just left my computer on feeding into my DAC to help burn in the USB cable. Tonight things have really loosened up, everything sounds a lot deeper and wider.
I figure 75% is just me wanting things to sound better, but there is still that other 25%.......

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 11/17/12 at 15:42:44

Interesting how 25% improvement in the right areas can be a lot more than that in the big picture!

PSA P5/mod'd Brickwall/Shunyata Defender/other cleaners, MacMini/Audirvana>Tranquility DAC/linear USB, DIY and Pi Audio PCs, VHAudio DIY ICs, Jupiter CSP3, Torii MKIV, DIY Speaker Cables, HR1...Madscientist, SynRes, BDR, Archie's, Herbie's isocup feet, dampers etc
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 11/17/12 at 15:55:33

I was never much of a fan of burning in anything until I got the Zen Triode... It's so revealing that burn-in time on things like CD players and cable does make a difference... I just didn't think it would make any difference on a "digital" cable... Well, you learn something every day on here... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #18 - 11/17/12 at 21:15:54

Mark,
I'm with you on the thought that it makes no sense that something digital could burn in, or for that matter, change anything. But every time I work up the nerve to blow some money and buy a cable, things seem to improve and improve more with a little time on them.
I'm baffled, but then again I only have a 8th grade education.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print