10/25/14 at 20:15:51

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
HR-1-Zen Omni's (Read 11954 times)
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Re: HR-1-Zen Omni's
Reply #15 - 11/23/12 at 11:02:34

What makes these speakers so much more expensive then the rest of the tower from decware?

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #16 - 11/25/12 at 00:52:40

Quote:
What makes these speakers so much more expensive then the rest of the tower from decware?

The radial driver is hand made, hand voiced and hand matched for these speakers.  The cabinets are uniquely complicated, the top containing the drivers decoupled from the bottom of the cabinet make it difficult and time consuming to build.  Frankly these could early retail for $10.000 and still be better than most of the 10 grand speakers out there which was our intension.  The value for dollar spent ratio is exceptionally high.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #17 - 11/28/12 at 23:18:44

I went to a local HiFi establishment today just out of curiosity to see what was what. I asked if they had somthing a little better than the surround sound systems that were in the main showroom.
They took me back into their "highend" room. Macintosh and B&W mostly, pretty nice looking stuff. They asked what I had, and from the blank look that they gave me it was obvious that Decware wasn't even on their radar.
Anyway, they fired up the best of what they had, sorry Charlie, pretty good but not near what I am used to.
Their $7500 speakers didn't sound as good as my MG944's and weren't even in the same zipcode as the HR-1's.
Truthfully, at that moment I became fully aware of how lucky we are to have people such as Steve and Bob building these wonderful products.
My brother, who is not into stereo's at all, was with me, and remarked how that my stereo sounded much better than what we had just listened to.
I'm offically a Decware junky now. I need to get enough money for my next fix!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 12/11/13 at 19:36:06

The HR-1 Zen Omni speakers NEED a forum of their own!

My second pair ships today. Man, to own two pairs of these and a pair of ERR. I'm living like a king! Cheesy

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #19 - 12/11/13 at 19:51:18

I'm quite jealous. I really like those HR-1; they are just out of my price range for a while.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 12/12/13 at 06:16:51

Quote:
Lon said,
The HR-1 Zen Omni speakers NEED a forum of their own!

My second pair ships today. Man, to own two pairs of these and a pair of ERR. I'm living like a king!

Wow, are you serious?  I'm so freaking jealous! Grin

What color did you get this time?  I belive the last ones were a hot-rod sort of color correct?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #21 - 12/12/13 at 10:55:24

My original pair were one of the last prototypes before production models were made. They are a pewter sort of color. The new ones will be maple veneer. They'll go into my second system for thousands of hours. The ERRs in that system will go over to my Dad's system hopefully.

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #22 - 01/29/14 at 07:58:10

I am so pleased with my ZMA (only in its 39th hour today).

I need to have the HR-1 for my ZMA, SE84CS and CKC. This means I have to cancel my Torii IV order to get the HR-1. I can't afford both this year. It will have to wait a year or two to hear the IV.

I read what Steve wrote, Chris K., Donnie & Lon. Lon you have two pair, so quite the endorsement! -S

« Last Edit: 01/29/14 at 08:02:04 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #23 - 01/29/14 at 10:46:11

Yes, I have to send one speaker back, there's some distortion at higher volumes, but I love these speakers, and so will you. My oriiginal pair are ver well-seasoned and sound stunning. The Mk III and HR-1 combo are all I need.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 01/30/14 at 20:00:51

The pricing on these speakers has seemed to double over the last few years since they were first introduced. is that right?

How well would they work in a 19x21ft room where they are about 2 feet from the back wall (long wall) and 9 ft away from my listening chair?

« Last Edit: 01/30/14 at 20:04:22 by stellablues »  
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #25 - 01/30/14 at 20:04:02

You weren't supposed to notice! Smiley

In my opinion they would not be all that they can be in that location, it would be best to get them further out from the wall.

« Last Edit: 01/30/14 at 20:04:56 by Lon »  

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #26 - 01/30/14 at 20:11:18

Yeah, I need a new space eventually but I enjoy saving the money to spend on the toys.

This is essentially a 250square foot studio and it holds my whole life. Tv, couch, bed, entryway, sitting area, office is in half the closet.  :-)  

At least its in a house so I can play at realistic volume into the night.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #27 - 01/30/14 at 20:54:16

Well, I lived like that years ago. I won't say happily, but I did. Didn't have that great a stereo then, but still had fun.

Don't get me wrong, the HR-1s will sound great, but are not going to image and sound stage the way they could in that arrangement.

IP Logged
stellablues
Verified Member

Reply #28 - 01/31/14 at 06:15:03

Well, this is san diego. a house is $2500 and an apartment with no garage, neighbors on all sides and shared laundry is $1700. ususally with a 45 minute commute.

So I take my small space in exchange for playing jazz at realistic volumes any night of the week and a zma in the mail and 5 minutes to work. we all make sacrifices for our music addiction.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #29 - 01/31/14 at 15:30:44

I can understand living that way, I just no longer could do so. Too much stuff, and even though I winnowed it down to move from Texas to Ohio to care for my parents, too much stuff, and I don't want to lessen what I have, the bulk of which is instruments, music and books I want to keep.

So I can't live in San Diego I guess. Good to know. Wink

I know you would love the HR-1s and I follow your logic. In time perhaps your ship will come in and you could get them room to breathe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print