Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/26/14 at 18:51:09

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Converging Tube-Rolling Procedure (Read 5731 times)
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Converging Tube-Rolling Procedure
Reply #30 - 11/03/12 at 05:15:30

So were you unable to enjoy the music for the first week or ten days when you first got your amp? Then you had to burn in not just all new tubes, but also all new caps, transformers, wires, resisters, knobs, jacks....the lot.

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-6, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Les Lammers
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 11/03/12 at 17:15:23

I have to stress that the Brimars will sound awful until they settle in. Be patient. The Russian 6V6's have a few hours on them and they may not be fully settled in but they should be when the Brimars start to make music.

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #32 - 11/06/12 at 18:20:32

Hi Will & Les!

Will, the thing is, we are probably spoiled by now and having to accept less SQ is going to take patience.  I'm just predicting my rig won't sound as nice during this new break-in horizon, as it had been after the initial one (lately, that is), although I guess I can still enjoy the music.  

I know you've warned me about those Brimars before, Les.  So I'm figuring they really must be terrible initially.  I'll use the russian 6V6's first and take advantage of their semi-settled status.  Once the whole set is broken-in, I'm going on with the Tung Sols break-in phase.

I'm also curious to see what differences come about from the EZ80's rectifiers instead of the stock EZ81's.  Same with OA2's and OD3's voltage regulators instead of the stock OA3's.

Thanks for your interest, guys.

« Last Edit: 11/07/12 at 00:02:34 by Fireblade »  

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print