Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/24/14 at 02:59:18

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Noisy Shugang Treasures (Read 5909 times)
Matthew (was ML)
Verified Member

Re: Noisy Shugang Treasures
Reply #30 - 02/07/14 at 18:43:25

OrangeCrush, your comment about the black PSVane is exactly why I was on the blog today.  They do seem to "resonate."  You refer to it as "live" but I'm starting to hear it as artificial.  Wondering if anyone has found a tube that has the fullness in the mid a bass that these do, but are cleaner, like an EL34?  Or, has anyone tried to Cryo their 6ca7t's with sonic success?  I had one of each (PSVane 6ca7t's on the left and JJEL34 on the right) in my amp last night listening to jazz and vocals and it was really cool.  I got the clarity and magic of the EL34 and the fullness of the 6ca7t's.  But the music, was, of course, conically disorganized as a result.  And I was afraid I'd break the amp so I went back to the PSVane 6ca7t's.

Matthew
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #31 - 02/07/14 at 18:53:30

I have JJ 6CA7 cryo'd from cryoset, several pairs. I really like what the cryo treatment does to this tube, which I really liked when using the non-cryo'd version beforehand.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 02/07/14 at 18:56:41

My favourite tube now is the Gold Lion KT77 cyroed from Ron at CyroSet. If it is for the Torii 3, tell him you want lower plate voltages. Otherwise they are too noisy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print