Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/26/14 at 22:04:36

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Whoa! check out the new stuff on the home page (Read 7856 times)
archeion
Verified Member

Whoa! check out the new stuff on the home page
09/03/12 at 21:28:54

When do we get more info?

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Whoa! check out the new stuff on the home page
Reply #1 - 09/03/12 at 22:07:01

Yes quite the tease!

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-6, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/04/12 at 10:31:03

The speakers are most likely the full range Trapeziums.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/04/12 at 12:45:27

Really?  I wouldn't have thought they were so much an evolution of the Trapezium as perhaps the offspring of an ERR with a MG944.  What I can't tell is if the omni-directional driver is like the one from the ERR or MG944.  Either way sounds interesting.

« Last Edit: 09/04/12 at 14:08:58 by archeion »  
  IP Logged
markv
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/04/12 at 12:49:36

I think the speakers may be the new HR-1's.  I thought I read somewhere that Decware would begin selling them. Here a link mentioning the HR-1's and the Err's:

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/decware-err-radial-speakers-like-new-less-than-...

As for the new amp, I wonder if this is a new "lucid" model?  When the original SE34i.3 was announced, Steve mentioned that it included lucid.  However, ithe lucid feature was held back because Steve was not happy with the sound - he said it would take sometime to perfect it.  Maybe he's perfected it now?  Looks like a smaller but similar design of the SE34I.3.

IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 09/04/12 at 13:49:07

Yes, I agree. The HR-One's are also mentioned here:
http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1331660933/0

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/04/12 at 14:14:39

Definitely HR-Ones.  I have some.

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-6, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #7 - 09/04/12 at 14:35:18

I don't see them on the home page, but I have them too. Once my CSP2+ is fully broken in, I'm planning on putting them back in the main system for a spell to reacquaint myself with them there.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/04/12 at 14:55:12

Lon,

I wonder if you need to clear your browser cache. http://www.decware.com/newsite/homepage.html
has the new amp and the HRs

With my HR-Ones, for the tweeters, I am using 2.7 Mundorf resistors, and 3.3 Mundorf Supreme caps bypassed with .33 NOS Russian K40Y-9's. Refined the sound nicely.

« Last Edit: 09/04/12 at 14:59:36 by will »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #9 - 09/04/12 at 15:09:00

Thanks, as soon as i can figure/remember how to do that I'll see.

I haven't played around with any resistors etc. The general presentation of the HR-ONEs was just not as much to my liking in my large listening room as the ERRs. Great speakers, but that full dispersion of the ERR model just has a grip on me, nothing else sounds right any longer!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 09/04/12 at 15:19:39

Yes, the ERRs seem to be just right for you. Just right is hard to beat no matter how good the options are!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #11 - 09/04/12 at 15:28:11

That's true. I fell in love with the design with the RL1s, then that solidified with the RL2s and the ERRs exceeded my expectations.

In between the RL2 and the ERR I had the HR-Ones for about a year and though they were better than the RL2 in some ways, I missed that dispersion, that pattern is the closest to real music I've ever heard in a stereo system. That's a hard presentation to beat!

Can't wait for my ZP3. I'm expecting that coupled to my Rega to give me the best sound yet from the Torii and ERRs.

IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 09/04/12 at 15:32:08

Is the omni driver the same as the ERR or is it a second one of the forward facing driver, just facing upwards?  Like an MTM with one driver pointed up?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #13 - 09/04/12 at 16:20:40

It it's not the same driver as the ERR (I'm not sure it's identical) it's very close to the same, it's not like the forward driver.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 09/04/12 at 18:06:06

Distant memory, but I seem to recall that it is conceptually the same as the ERR radial driver, but a little different....Maybe a different size??? ...requiring its own tuning to perfect it???...and therefore a little different SQ???

Hopefully ZYGI will chime in and clarify this absurd post. Where does the mind go?

« Last Edit: 09/04/12 at 18:07:04 by will »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print