Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/01/14 at 22:17:36

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
DECWARE ZENFEST/DECFEST 2012 (Read 17562 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: DECFEST 2012
Reply #15 - 07/11/12 at 20:19:12

John, that's the irony of the Decware amps and speakers: they're fantastic audio at great prices. . . and they deserve and thrive on the very best sources, which aren't always such a great price!

« Last Edit: 07/11/12 at 20:28:39 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #16 - 07/12/12 at 00:59:01

John,
Can do. I will bring my Wadia and maybe my Wyred4Sound DAC.
I live less than 100 miles away from E. Peoria, easy drive for me.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 07/12/12 at 13:39:02

Lon,
I know what you mean!

Donnie,
That would be great. I would love to hear the Wyred4Sound DAC.

John

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #18 - 08/02/12 at 17:00:09

can anybody who has been to the Decware Zenfest in the past - recommend a hotel close to Decware HQ for the 2012 event?

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Marsh P200b, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, I'm outta room..
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 08/02/12 at 22:27:34

Fairfield Inn & Suites, East Peoria. 1-309-699-4100

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #20 - 08/03/12 at 02:39:57

Try the Baymount on War Memorial if you don't mind a little farther drive (and getting lost the first time you go there).  We keep going back there (good free breakfast) and this years room rates were really good when I booked my room.

Dan

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #21 - 08/06/12 at 15:34:19

thanks all - I'll check these places out.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Marsh P200b, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, I'm outta room..
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #22 - 08/06/12 at 15:50:26

On the subject of the Wyred4Sound DAC... I have been a Theta Digital fan since the late 80's.  Theta was way ahead of most digital products for over a decade.  I just received a Wyred DAC-2 last week, and it is the first DAC I've ever heard that is a worthy challenger to my Theta gear... I've only got a few hours on it, but initial impressions and comparisons... it's a keeper and best my 1999 vintage Theta in most areas of sonic performance - albeit very slightly and only easily detectable in direct, level matched AB and ABX testing.  
However, where the Wyred wins hands down, no comparison, is in its connection options, flexibility, and of course can accept high bit rate, high sample rate streams and USB, and serve as a digital preamp.  It looks like the Wyred4Sound DAC is going to turn out to be a very high-value piece of kit from both a sonic & functionality perspective.  You should check one out, I think you'll be glad you did.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #23 - 08/06/12 at 16:21:54

I've heard great things about that DAC, and favorable comparisons to my PWD II. And like that DAC, it can take I2S over HDMI from a tansport (at the moment the only one I know of is the PWT). I tell you, I2S over HDMI from my PWT into my PWD II is the best sounding connection yet.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #24 - 08/06/12 at 16:59:43

I'm a fan of PSA products - have my whole system configured with PS power cords and I have a Power Plant Premierm, which I now consider a "must have" component in the chain every since hearing the improvment it wrought the first time I ever heard one.  I have not had a chance to audition the PW DAC or Transport, but they are definitely components that have piqued my interest.
I'm just a couple of weeks away from hearing/owning my first Decware product, a Rachael Tongue, and completing my first full range, high efficiency, crossoverless, single driver speaker project.  So this, along with the new Wyred DAC is about all the "change" my system can stand for a bit - I'll be on auditory overload for awhile getting a handle on all this "newness"... Shocked

- you wouldn't be bringing your PW DAC & Transport to this year's Zenfest would ya?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #25 - 08/06/12 at 17:15:35

You're going to really enjoy Rachael with thw W4S. As you say, your whole system is going to change!

I won't be able to make Decfest, and if I did I'd be traveling on two motorized wheels and not bringing any components along with me. . . .

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #26 - 08/06/12 at 20:27:58

Lon, When I saw you name at the bottom of this thread, I thought you were going to say you were coming this year......:-(

Come on Lon, ride the bike up to East Peoria!!!!

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #27 - 08/06/12 at 20:39:32

Not gong to happen I'm afraid. I have one trip this year yet, to Ohio, and it has an important event attached to it and it's not in October I'm afraid.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

DECFEST 2012 - NEW MONOS?
Reply #28 - 08/16/12 at 06:34:24

This year will be the debut of the Zen TORII Monoblocks...  After a year of enjoying the prototypes these are going into production.  A partial build shown below:

Be the first to hear what would happen if Decware were to build a higher power amplifier... could be scary!

(Don't ask the price, we don't know yet.  When you see it on the web site, we'll know the price.)

Also by this years fest you'll all be treated to the Super Zen - best SE84C amp yet.  It's impressive... and when we release the details everyone with any year SE84B or SE84C series can turn their amps into a Super Zen too, by implementing the Christmas Keeps Coming Mod that we plan to introduce at the fest.

So we're looking forward to lots of fun this year!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 08/16/12 at 13:32:17

Saaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print