Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/23/14 at 13:26:44

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
SE34I.3 On Waiting List (Read 15377 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: SE34I.3 On Waiting List
Reply #90 - 02/28/14 at 22:21:07

Well, I think that most all of tube equipment will benefit from damping, and Herbies' seems to have gone to great lengths to produce a quality product. I will most likely add some to the input tubes as well. I have used Sorbothane feet on the bottom of this unit, but will replace them with Tenderfeet in time. To a much smaller degree, I feel that damping the output trannys will keep it all clean. It's just that you have hundreds of feet of fine wire that could be affected by vibration. Just a thought.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Raymond
Verified Member

Reply #91 - 03/01/14 at 16:30:49

I use tube dampners on all my gear if possible and i find it is a definite improvement on focus and background .Now hear boys is the kicker believe it or not I use Herbies dampners on my interconnect and speaker cables and find that to be an even bigger improvement than the tube dampners. Yes i rolled the dice spend a couple of hundred at Herbies and my friends and i were floored at the improvement. tweak tweak tweak

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #92 - 03/01/14 at 19:59:37

Ray, I agree about most damping. I also am now using the cable dampers from Herbies. In the future, I will add the Tenderfeet. For now, I am using an ARMY of Sorbothane footers because their rating is not made for the weight.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Matthew (was ML)
Verified Member

Reply #93 - 03/29/14 at 05:11:59

What is the dampening material you are using on the underside.  I don't see it.  Did you dampen the underside of the top plate or the underside of the wood base?  i was thinking of using dynamat but I didn't want to introduce metal and then have to ground it somehow.

Do the the brass weights help any?

Matthew
  IP Logged
markv
Verified Member

Reply #94 - 04/02/14 at 11:52:56

Jameskk - Now that you have more hours on the Racheal, do you still feel the Racheal is a marked improvement over the Superzen?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print